Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

you looking to get some high quality coilovers from ohlins

mathewlisett

ive been talking with a company that can  create custom ohlins coilovers, and if i can find and guarantee those 5 are paying up. the price of the setup goes from  near £6,000  to around £2,500

my model is the cdx e ( none gti), however i have suggested that its possible to create the kit, where by the bottom section is simply swapped when its ordered.

"Assuming the weights, motions ratios, top and lower mounts are the same, we should be able to cater for both with one kit and length adjustment"

Is it a road car or competition/motorsport use, I take it the car is fully stripped out with a roll cage and fire suppression

as of right now its for fast road. however the settings can be adjusted from what i understand so that its full comfort. or other way around being on the track.

my car is a normal one.

however i will gain their views in regards to what you just said and see if it matches with what ive just said. as you might find the kit will handle both road and motorsport

Poly bushes all round, RARB, Ohlins are way OTT for something that isn't race spec,

fitment will be the issue if you go the coilover route, it will need the correct setup and with corner weights and ballast that can be 500-1000

H&R, and Eibach for springs - Shocks/coilovers you are looking at Koni, Spax, Tein or BC racing i dont think FK list anything for a car of that age

eg. https://www.driftshop.com/bc-racing-v1-vs-coilovers-toyota-carina-e-exc-gti.html

right.

had it confirmed, the set would be setup primarily for fast road and days at the track. which deletes your views that ohlins are just for race spec

and yes anybody thats after motorsport / roll cage etc, yes they can do that aswell as its a simple change in the damper valves .

and yes we are fully aware of the  correct setup, which is why i would be using my car as the guinea pig to have everything dealt with for measurements by 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links