Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Android Auto

cruiserOAP

The Android Auto in my 2023 YC Icon won't change music tracks from the steering wheel controls, unlike my previous Seat. I have to change tracks from the touchscreen. Is this the same for other owners?

Really strange.  

I've no this problem with my My20 with TTS3.  

Which audio player app are you using ?

Have you checked that wheel control keys are working fine.  If you select the radio, are you able to skip stations  from wheel controls ?

On 6/30/2023 at 11:40 AM, RickyC said:

Really strange.  

I've no this problem with my My20 with TTS3.  

Which audio player app are you using ?

Have you checked that wheel control keys are working fine.  If you select the radio, are you able to skip stations  from wheel controls ?

Hi RickyC

I have Poweramp on the phone. Using Android Auto, the wheel controls will only change the volume, I have to use the touchscreen to change tracks. Connecting the phone unplugged and via bluetooth is even worse, as I can only change volume from the wheel, and neither the wheel or the touchscreen will change tracks. My Seat Ibiza had full function from the wheel controls on both Android Auto and bluetooth with the ignition on. The Seat would only need the touchscreen to change tracks when I was parked with the ignition off on both Android Auto and bluetooth. The Seat also had an SD card slot for music tracks, which again had full control from the wheel. My YC has one USB slot only, and that defaults to Android Auto. I haven't tried using a USB stick for music, as I would then lose the Google satnav. This looks like cheapskate cost cutting from Toyota, along with the other blatant cheapskate features like the sub-biscuit tin fuel filler flap, sloppy panel gaps, nasty cheap rear light clusters, flimsy rear doors, thin flat paintwork, pathetic 'luggage cover', steering wheel switch housings which flex and creak, etc. etc. Oh yes- and the plastic rear apron is about as thick as a margarine tub and flexes about half an inch if you press it....

1 hour ago, cruiserOAP said:

Hi RickyC

I have Poweramp on the phone. Using Android Auto, the wheel controls will only change the volume, I have to use the touchscreen to change tracks. Connecting the phone unplugged and via Bluetooth is even worse, as I can only change volume from the wheel, and neither the wheel or the touchscreen will change tracks. My Seat Ibiza had full function from the wheel controls on both Android Auto and Bluetooth with the ignition on. The Seat would only need the touchscreen to change tracks when I was parked with the ignition off on both Android Auto and Bluetooth. The Seat also had an SD card slot for music tracks, which again had full control from the wheel. My YC has one USB slot only, and that defaults to Android Auto. I haven't tried using a USB stick for music, as I would then lose the Google satnav. This looks like cheapskate cost cutting from Toyota, along with the other blatant cheapskate features like the sub-biscuit tin fuel filler flap, sloppy panel gaps, nasty cheap rear light clusters, flimsy rear doors, thin flat paintwork, pathetic 'luggage cover', steering wheel switch housings which flex and creak, etc. etc. Oh yes- and the plastic rear apron is about as thick as a margarine tub and flexes about half an inch if you press it....

It sounds as if your PowerAmp issue is due to differing interpretations of the Android Auto interface API.  This is a common problem across the IT software sector where standards be open to interpretation.  The YC works ok with the BBC Sounds app.

NB I am using the 9" Smart Connect screen

I also have a USB Stick full of music that works ok, alongside a phone with AA connected via bluetooth that does multimedia and Google Maps. If I need to charge it I use a converter in the AUX socket. Pity about the one USB socket but that is a function of the head unit

I transferred music from so card I used in my ŠKODA to usb stick but it doesn’t recognise it in my cross. Any ideas as to why much appreciated.

On 7/3/2023 at 9:10 PM, Dezzer21 said:

I transferred music from so card I used in my ŠKODA to usb stick but it doesn’t recognise it in my cross. Any ideas as to why much appreciated.

The usual problem is that the USB Stick is not formatted as Fat32. Most entertainment units seem to use that format. Also MP3 or Wav audio files are widely supported. I cannot remember whether Toyota list any others.

TT3 supports also FLAC and AAC.  

No problem in my YC Excel with changing tracks using AA via the steering wheel.  As someone else said, this is a 9 inch screen, so not exactly the same as the Icon spec.  I would update to the latest AA software and try again, if still nothing, then speak to dealer 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links