Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clock settings.

anchorman

I’ve got the smaller screen with the city pack but my neighbour is struggling with her bigger later screen.  The clock loses time quite badly.  Does anyone know if it can be linked to gps or the phone to automatically update?

Incidentally,  I found by touching the little digital clock on the Home Screen, you get a really nice large analogue clock!  Not tried mine but I hop it does it.  We’ll consider that a Lexus clock!

• Like 1

I found that’s it’s very easy to accidentally change the time as you scroll through the settings ‘list’.

Because ‘adjust time’ is first in the line and accidental pressing of the “OK” button resets minutes to zero mine also appeared to be losing time after I had been playing with various settings.

Is it possibly your friend is doing the same ?

7 hours ago, Graham47 said:

I found that’s it’s very easy to accidentally change the time as you scroll through the settings ‘list’.

Because ‘adjust time’ is first in the line and accidental pressing of the “OK” button resets minutes to zero mine also appeared to be losing time after I had been playing with various settings.

I've actually done this a few times and had to go back in to reset the clock to the correct time.

• Like 1

My clock is set by multimedia system press menu button go to clock settings turn on GPS.

• Like 1

And here's me thinking I had done something wrong a couple of weeks ago! The clock was nearly one minute slow, so, after faffing about a  bit I got the time just about spot on. A few days later I noticed it was about 30 seconds slow, so I reset it. It seems to be okay now ...........

13 hours ago, Graham47 said:

It would be entirely possible if it were me because I’m always scrolling through the menus.  However, she never moves it off the trip computer so I doubt it.  

5 hours ago, Derek.w said:

My clock is set by multimedia system press menu button go to clock settings turn on GPS.

Have you got the later screen?

Don sorry I dont have the latest screen!.

• Like 1

Have a look in handbook under Navigation and Multimedia system.

Section 9 page 190-191

No handbook

can send you a photo of it if you wish.

GPS time setting is not available with the newer 9" screen (the one on Yaris Excel). Hopefully it will be added with a software update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, pauly69 said:

GPS time setting is not available with the newer 9" screen (the one on Yaris Excel). Hopefully it will be added with a software update. 

That confirms my suspicions Paul.  I spent quite a bit of time trawling the menus and the only thing it does have is the back to :00 to aid clock setting like my 1989 Corolla had.  If I touch the clock on my older 8 inch (City Pack) screen, it goes straight to the clock menu and GPS setting is right there.  

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Crazy that with all the onboard tech, including GPS and always on mobile broadband, we still have to manually set the clock. Just realised mine was still wrong after the clock change.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, IT Troll said:

Crazy that with all the onboard tech, including GPS and always on mobile broadband, we still have to manually set the clock. Just realised mine was still wrong after the clock change.

Yes. My wife's 2016 Smart car manages it, but every other car we've had needs 👉

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links