Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris MK4 - ratte noises from multimedia system.

I'm currently on my second Yaris MK4 Hybrid and in both vehicles I have experiences irritating rattling noises coming from the multimedia system. It sounds like is the interior materials loose. I don't know what I can do to prevent the noise but it's very annoying. Have many others had the same issue?

There isn't much to rattle around the touch2 TBH, sounds can travel, anything in the glovebox ? A pillar trims can give some noise

• Like 2

Snap, on my second MK4 after successfully rejecting the first one. 

Snap, on my multimedia system rattling (lots of other rattles I've had to fix too). I've noticed if I push on the trim behind the multimedia screen the rattle stops. Haven't figured out a proper fix yet.

• Like 3

My one had a weird rattle in the driver-side door card at certain bass frequencies when I got it. Whatever it was has apparently been solved/killed by the incredible number of potholes I regularly traverse.

I suspect there was a slightly loose wire connector join that was flopping about that's now wedged in place after being jiggled about so much.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hard plastic always will rattle especially when two or more separate details are mounted together. Basically hard plastic interior details has three major negatives : rattling noises, poor insulation against noise and vibrations, not very pleasant to touch. One thing that I don’t like in Yaris and Yaris cross is that the boot is all covered in hard plastic trim, where some other cars are covered in soft like carpet materials, perhaps another reason why these cars are quieter at speeds. My Auris the hard plastic parts of the dashboard not only are rattling from time to time or squeaking but in winter time after a long journey and after  I stop the car with temperature inside dropping down the plastics start creaking like exhaust heat shielding, unbelievable but true 😂🫢

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cyker said:

My one had a weird rattle in the driver-side door card at certain bass frequencies when I got it. Whatever it was has apparently been solved/killed by the incredible number of potholes I regularly traverse.

I suspect there was a slightly loose wire connector join that was flopping about that's now wedged in place after being jiggled about so much.

Yes, I have a get a noise somewhere coming from the door too! 

It always amuses me when somebody says has anyone else had it.  I always feel like saying yes!

mine drove me crazy at times.  If you get you finger nails behind the bezel you can pop it off then fill it with some soft foam packing.  

• Like 3

My MK3 squeaking when I touch doors

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2023 at 4:04 PM, anchorman said:

It always amuses me when somebody says has anyone else had it.  I always feel like saying yes!

mine drove me crazy at times.  If you get you finger nails behind the bezel you can pop it off then fill it with some soft foam packing.  

Sorry, just to understand, you mean the bezel of the screen comes off by pulling it? Does it take as much force as the black trim in the cabin lights?

31 minutes ago, jimaros said:

Sorry, just to understand, you mean the bezel of the screen comes off by pulling it? Does it take as much force as the black trim in the cabin lights?

Haha, no it comes off easily by comparison.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, anchorman said:

Haha, no it comes off easily by comparison.  

I'm interested in upgrading my multimedia so that's a start. 

I'm also interested in finding out if the touch 2 that if got has an aux in.

Are there any aftermarket that fit and keep the functions or any easy way to upgrade within the company ?

14 hours ago, jimaros said:

I'm interested in upgrading my multimedia so that's a start. 

I'm also interested in finding out if the touch 2 that if got has an aux in.

Are there any aftermarket that fit and keep the functions or any easy way to upgrade within the company ?

Not that I’m aware of.  I’m not sure the screen does much, I think there’s a module somewhere and the amp is under the seat.  The best option was the JBL when available.  Presumably it’ll come back.  I see the RAV4 has reappeared on the website after months of absence.  It’s a start.  

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 1:12 AM, anchorman said:

Not that I’m aware of.  I’m not sure the screen does much, I think there’s a module somewhere and the amp is under the seat.  The best option was the JBL when available.  Presumably it’ll come back.  I see the RAV4 has reappeared on the website after months of absence.  It’s a start.  

Thanks for the replies.

Since I'm in a 3rd world country (Greece 😄 ) and info on products is limited, 

would you be so kind to provide 2–3 examples of Named (as much it can be done since everything is Chinese nowadays) 

aftermarket car multimedia screens - players that fit in yaris screen bezel?

Would love to somehow keep the power delivery option of the original.

17 hours ago, jimaros said:

Thanks for the replies.

Since I'm in a 3rd world country (Greece 😄 ) and info on products is limited, 

would you be so kind to provide 2–3 examples of Named (as much it can be done since everything is Chinese nowadays) 

aftermarket car multimedia screens - players that fit in yaris screen bezel?

Would love to somehow keep the power delivery option of the original.

I don’t know any!  Maybe someone else does?

Aliexpress if there are any available. 

• 1 month later...
On 7/22/2023 at 1:12 AM, anchorman said:

I have a left hand drive Yaris and under the driver seat there seems to be something like a black box, it's about 12*10cm or so. Could this be the amp?

No I don’t think so.  The amp goes under the right hand seat if fitted.  I can’t get at my computer to check just now.  

On 7/5/2023 at 12:09 PM, JakesYarisHybrid said:

I'm currently on my second Yaris MK4 Hybrid and in both vehicles I have experiences irritating rattling noises coming from the multimedia system. It sounds like is the interior materials loose. I don't know what I can do to prevent the noise but it's very annoying. Have many others had the same issue?

Yea, had this happen a week ago, it was the black frame surrounding the whole display, gave it a punch to put it back in place and it stopped. What can I say, plastic be plastic?

• Haha 2

My Gen.3 was a rattle-fest when I first got it, but I expected it, and it settled down after a couple of years. 😂

My Gen.4 is rattling somewhere in the general area of the glovebox/dash area, but I can't isolate it. It has been quieter in the cooler weather.

The biggest annoyance has been the boot floor! The flap at the back resonates and vibrates. Hopefully that'll be solved when I get the boot floor protector. If not, I'll stick some spongy rubber padding where it sits.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Mine was rattling often around 30 miles per hour. I took the Yaris to a local Toyota dealership and took a technician aboard and pointed out where the rattles were. Picked it up later during the day and apparently the dash cam wire behind the front left pillar wasn't fitted properly and fixed that. He then put some padding on the glove box and also inside the multimedia system. I think there was also another rattle that's been fixed that was coming from under the centre speaker on the dash in front of the multimedia. It has made a bit of a difference!

Good to see dealerships tackling these issues properly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links