Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

EGR and Throttle body check

JCT-DK

Hi

I would like to ask if there’s an “easy” way to check the condition of the EGR system (cooler and valve, pipes etc) and throttle body?

I am thinking the amount of soot and state of clogging.

Are there any guidance videos on YouTube?

Thanks.

KR JCT-DK

My car is a mk3 hybrid 😀

The only way you can check is to dismantle and check each individual part, clean and put back together. It’s a diy job not difficult but requires some skills , patience and regular tools. I am not aware if Yaris needs cleaning of the egr, most likely it will after some mileage. I know about 1.8 gen 3 hybrids a good intervals are 100k miles. The parts need cleaning are egr valve, cooler, pipes, intake manifold, throttle body and map sensor. You can check in Auris forum there are pictures and some useful information. 👍

• Like 2

Please, if you do clean it yourself, wear gloves and face mask, the high temps and soot in EGR valves is not very pleasant and you should be very health conscious about breathing in the soot/dust and touching it 

• Like 2

Thanks, I will remember it.

I wonder if it’s possible to monitor the EGR and throttle body over the ECU if they are operating within the limits.

I have Carista OBD - does anyone know the correct operating values and egen to monitor them?

Thanks!

Egen = when

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links