Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid Air Con drain pipe check and clean

TonyHSD

Hi all, 

after being talking about my car condition I decided to take some new photos from the interior to share and remembered that after I have been using AC lately I haven’t noticed any water to drip under the car, perhaps because was not hot enough, there is no bad ac smell but just to be on the safe side I had run a quick test. This will be very similar to most Toyota cars with Air condition.

You will need a syringe 150ml or similar with tube. Removing few trim panels. In my car all fitted with built in clips, no tools needed.
Pull off the carpet to the left to get access to the drain pipe, disconnect at the rubber boot, insert a tube, it only goes around 5” in, then connect the syringe filled with water and dispense the water slowly. You can listen for the water dripping out under the car, if not it may return and make a mess inside, so be careful, a hand towel might be useful. 
If all water goes out freely you can repeat one more time and you are good to go.
Remove the tube make sure you connect back the boot and the drainage pipe, undo the carpet and plastic trims, job done. 
Check under car for water leaks. 
If it’s blocked I am afraid you may need to get access under the car, locate the rubber gutter and try cleaning from outside and upwards first as usually these pipes get clogged from the outside and going up. You can use a soft plastic stick, or soft wire but make sure there are no sharp edges or something to cut or cause damage along the pipe rubber grommets. Good luck. 
Last but not least I am happy to see a good amount of sound proofing materials on my car. Old lady but well made. 👌😂

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

I did the same treatment 3y ago when I smell mold from the vent in summer. I used foam AC evaporator cleaner from Mannol or Liquimoly. A half can and then plug thr hole for 20 minutes. And repeat the process 2x for the rest of the can.  It contains a long plastic pipe that can reach the evaporator from the drain hole.  

The first flush was pretty dark, the second one was only yellowish. It smell citrus and lingers for a few days. 

I make sure the ac filter was out during the cleaning. People also use lysol for refreshing and kill the bacteria and virus from the intake vent outside below the windshield. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links