Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear wheel bearing/dealer

Starensis

So, horrific bearing noise coming from N/S rear of our 67 plate mk3 recently. Sent it in to dealer last week and they changed it under warranty. Car has only done 26k! 😳

On getting car home, I noticed our brand new phone holder had disappeared ( had not assembled it but left it boxed in car ), plus x2 valve dust caps were missing. All 4 were present on leaving it there!!

Spoke to service manager who denied ( obviously ) they’d taken phone holder or not refitted dust caps. I do despair with Toyota dealers atm. 😡😡

Steven Eagell & Listers rate poorly atm for me.

• Sad 5

Yes, I've had stuff go missing at main dealers, which is why I do all my own servicing nowadays.

Reminds me, I must change the gearbox oil.

• Like 2

Well, well, well.......our Dashcam footage has caught the culprit red-handed. Valeter is seen taking contents from box, then throwing box into a bin.

Evidence sent to dealer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

Well done you.

Sad that someone would do such a thing. 

• Like 1

I hope that he’s sacked immediately. And I would demand an apology and replacement from the dealership. And I would inform Toyota UK about the shoddy way the dealership treated your complaint. This should not happen again. Well done you for highlighting the theft.

• Like 6

Really petty of the valeter, it's a dismissal offence.

• Like 5

Latest - Dealer has explained the Valeter was only there for the day to help and won't be coming back. They've also offered to pay for new phone holder.

We are actually fuming about this. You can hear him open the box whilst still in car, take out contents, exit car, see him throw box away, then put contents from his hand into his pocket.

He then starts to clean car as though he has no care in the world. 🤬

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, PCM said:

Well done you.

Sad that someone would do such a thing. 

It is, risking their job for £15 item. Deserves what he gets! He's lucky I didn't catch him. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Starensis said:

Latest - Dealer has explained the Valeter was only there for the day to help and won't be coming back. They've also offered to pay for new phone holder.

We are actually fuming about this. You can hear him open the box whilst still in car, take out contents, exit car, see him throw box away, then put contents from his hand into his pocket.

I would hope the Dealer would confront the 'Valeter'. It might be a regular occurrence? 

• Like 2

The people are the real trouble these days. Events like that happens on the street, at the dealer, in the office, hospitals, work place , everywhere.
It’s simply a war zone, a jungle and not a civilised world. Everywhere. 

• Like 4

Aye, it's amazing to me how many of the light fingered brigade are willing to risk jobs, reputations, and prosecution that gets them in the local rag.

One of the most despicable types of this behaviour I think,is when so called carers go into the home of an elderly or otherwise vulnerable person and steal from them.

There are quite a few of those around judging just by the ones who get caught.

And of course it's near enough guaranteed that they have done plenty before being caught.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Starensis said:

I would think if I was the dealer i'd say the same thing even if they were an employee, this dampen their reputation a bit rather than a lot. Not a good experience for u. 

Been with Audi dealer in the past for service or repair and they ask if I want to take anything from the car while its with them, I say no. Often have £10-£20 change in the glovebox for parking/emergency etc. Doesn't get touched. Still wouldn't tar all Toyota dealer with the same brush as your experience though. 

• Like 3

OK. Last post from me on this…..

Service manager, plus Valeting company manger have reviewed our images and video. They accept he stole our property and have dismissed the culprit with immediate effect.

They have also offered a decent sum in compensation and an unreserved apology - which we’ve accepted.

Someone has lost their job today due to us reporting them. I’m not happy about it, however, I'm sure he will be doing it wherever he goes. Let’s hope he learns a tough lesson and sorts himself out. 

We do know the service advisors and manager very well, due to issues we had with our mk4 on delivery, plus, my son worked with sales manager at another dealer. Even so, we’re debating now whether to take our custom elsewhere for our next service. Will have a think over the next few weeks.

This was a Listers dealer. I won’t use Steven Eagell either - they’re even worse. Unfortunately, they’re only dealers we have locally. 😡

**************************************END*********************************************

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The person did not get dismissed because of u reporting, it's because they stole. Though I do believe in 2nd chances in life unless absolutely no way in certain things.

The dealer and valeting company certainly don't want these things happening under their workplace. Rogue employee happens in all walks of life. 

• Like 5

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links