Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

On another subject... Mk4 Door mirrors

CPN

Does anyone know the correct/easiest way to remove the top cover from the door mirrors?

It's the same as most Toyotas, tilt the mirror back, use a trim tool to pop the glass off then it's just clips

p210mirrorcover.thumb.jpg.b0b7a534b30ac866ca5907c47ac892db.jpg

IIRC the mirror and cover is the same as the E210 corolla

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If, as @flash22 says, it's the same as most Toyotas, these may help. I think these diagrams are for an Aygo

aygomk2mirrorcover.jpg.f867b84418da21e30e78ac366a75d9d8.jpg

aygomk2mirrorglass.jpg.dafd695f5f1784dbc6c470aa1823d868.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2023 at 7:40 PM, CPN said:

Does anyone know the correct/easiest way to remove the top cover from the door mirrors?

Try HERE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

Even better!! Thank you

• Like 1

The method Lee has posted works just fine without removing the glass. I have done it that way myself. Pry carefully using a plastic tool though, it is tight!

I'm sure it's easier releasing the clips from the inside but I'm always wary of breaking the mirror glass when removing it. That part can be scary with the expectation of breaking the glass either by using too much force or it falling to the ground!

If it's a heated mirror then the wires should prevent it from falling to the ground.  Otherwise beware.

Lower down in those instructions there's "After installation". No.2, what's he doing with his legs spead apart and hands on his thighs?:laugh:

That's the ritual all Toyota techs do daily to increase their luck with the diagnostic dice

• Haha 1

I found that it was much easier to pry the cover off starting at the bottom edge instead of the top (which was almost impossible to get started) and when I got it off, I could see why. On mine there are just three main large clips and the inside looks nothing like the diagram in @Big_D's diagram...

PXL_20230711_181543268.thumb.jpg.9152ee4ed5d854d192ed20075839c164.jpg

The clip here.........^^^...at the bottom popped first and then it was easy to spring the other two above.

Interestingly, my repeater lens assembly was made in Slovakia part no. 9301-500

• Like 1

Well done, Colin. Yes, I think I released it at the bottom edge first.

It didn't really matter whether I damaged it or not though. I was replacing it because some x@!? hit the mirror in a car park.

4 hours ago, olonas said:

I was replacing it because some x@!? hit the mirror in a car park.

"Ditto", except in my case, only the repeater lens got damaged... (the most expensive part of course!) ☹️

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links