Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Internet Radio Volume

Penfold72

Ive had this C-HR for a couple of months now, so sorry for all the questions....

Ive noticed that when the car switches to internet radio, if the signal is poor, the volume is a lot lower than DAB or even FM.  Anyone else noticed this, and are there any potential fixes.  Im aware the car need to go in for a DCM software upgrade, could this be the issue??

Thanks in advance... again sorry for asking loads of questions.

Hi Chris, A bit obvious perhaps have you tried adjusting through the audio settings to see if it makes any difference.👍

Not really as this only happens when Driving, so its a bit difficult. If I keep volume the same, when it switches, the volume drops significantly.

Where would the global audio settings be, so I can take a look when back home later on.  Still getting used to all the kit on this car 🙂 

Stupid question ... how does your car receive Internet Radio? Is this a built in feature of the Smart Connect system or do you receive Internet Radio via AA/ACP and your smartphone? If the latter, the volume control is likely within your smartphone ...

Hi.  If the signal on DAB or Fm becomes really weak, my radio says, connecting to internet radio, and a new Icon appears on the head unit.  It then says on the head unit below the radio station name, IP Radio.  I assume its picking it up via the DCM module....  Im going to scour the manual tonight when I get home.  My smartphone is connected via bluetooth, but nothing else, can t see it coming from my phone, but who knows...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links