Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel stations not found

GerryJ

I have the Toyota Smart Connect system on my Yaris Cross Excel 2023 and when I go to the navigation screen and select the fuel station button it informs me that none can be found. I know this function worked when I first had the car. The car has the latest software update. All the other button selections on the navigation screen work fine. Any ideas anyone ?

Have you drilled down through vehicle settings to see whether filling stations have been selected?

It may be like Speed Cams, the recent software update seemed to have deselected them.

Hi Gerry,

I brought my 1 year old Excel Cross just over a week ago and the car came with older software. I've since updated to the latest but I can confirm I have exactly the same problem since collecting it. The garage I got it from have contacted Toyota tech but have not heard back. If I get anywhere I'll advise.

John

54 minutes ago, Millsey said:

Hi Gerry,

I brought my 1 year old Excel Cross just over a week ago and the car came with older software. I've since updated to the latest but I can confirm I have exactly the same problem since collecting it. The garage I got it from have contacted Toyota tech but have not heard back. If I get anywhere I'll advise.

John

Thank you John, will be interested to see what Toyota tech say. 
Thank you for your suggestion Roy, all the options are selected but there is no option for fuel only.

Amazing,  I think I have hacked it.

As you no doubt found, pressing Fuel returns no results found.  Same with parking. 

HOWEVER 

I pressed the Fuel button, long press, and lo, up came my nearest BP station.   Same with parking which then returned the BP station too.

I need to try elsewhere and see what happens. 

18 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I pressed the Fuel button, long press, and lo, up came my nearest BP station.   Same with parking which then returned the BP station too.

I have tried a long press on the fuel button but I still don’t get anything. My parking button is working fine. It looks like we may have slightly different issues. 

• Thanks 1

I think the April update has been a bit buggy.  My system locked the map out and had to be updated at the garage.  Iirc it took 3 weeks or more.

Then speed cam settings defaulted off with other personalisations needing to be reset.

I have the same issue with mine long press on fuel does nothing other buttons work fine latest software installed.

My Car has just gone in for servicing.   I demonstrated the fault and told them it was a general issue affecting many cars.

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

I demonstrated the fault and told them it was a general issue affecting many cars.

Is the garage going to report the fault to Toyota tech?

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed a few days ago that fuel stations have now returned to the search results... 🙂

Same noticed fuel stations have returned but still no speed camera alerts or road works 

Just checked and like Guy I now have fuel stations available but like him no speed camera alerts. Sometimes I get a red light camera alert and once in a blue moon the speed cameras work. Didn't expect this sort of problem with Toyota, but at least Waze works fine.

On 8/3/2023 at 8:14 PM, Glen trueman said:

Same noticed fuel stations have returned but still no speed camera alerts or road works 

Ditto.

Agree the other info is variable but I now rarely use the Satnav.

After reading the last few posts, I checked the SatNav in my 2023 YC. No problem seeing petrol station locations, although when I am parked at my wifes place of work, I am told I am at a petrol station - there has not be a petrol station there for about 5 years! When I went looking for the speed camera alerts, I got a message stating that it was illegal in Ireland, so not available. Maybe the software in UK cars has not been told that such warnings are legal in the UK⁉️

Satnav software could be a lot better than it is. It's shockingly poor IMHO.

16 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Satnav software could be a lot better than it is. It's shockingly poor IMHO.

Fully agree with you, I have to go into central London every 2-3 weeks for my son's hand therapy and I certainly wouldn't trust it if I have to divert from my route. Glad he's got a Hyundai Kona Hybrid which has a great Cloud Nav that I trust 100%. My previous Kia Stonic was 4 years old but the satnav knocked spots off this one, even gave you the prices of fuel as well. Come on Toyota get your act together.

Just to say that whilst heading up north on Friday I got *lots* of speed camera alerts and roadwork alerts for the first half of the journey.  Strangely on the second half, after a stop at some motorway services, I got none at all.   I wll see how the return journey goes tomorrow. 

I will say that the satnav indication of motorway traffic conditions was very good. However, it was meaningful only on the bit of road I was on.  I still haven't found a way of displaying details of future problems on the route, despite the fact I can see them on the horizontal route time bar at the bottom as amber or red sections. 

And on the southern trip I had speed cameras the whole way. They are back....

Now, if only I could actually see the *details* of the traffic jams reported it would be a reasonable system. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links