Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

1999 Avensis Condensation

Singapore

Morning,

I 've just bought this car - and I'm really pleased with it apart from what seems to be a very bad condensation problem. In the recent rainy weather the windows have been fogging up quickly on the inside and clearing very slowly. After 15 minutes the top third of the windscreen and most of the front side windows are still fogged and despite using the heated rear window it also is failing to clear.

Fans are blowing well - I've tried hot (leaves us boiling!) and cold. Opening the windows seems to be the best option but this isn't really practical in a monsoon!

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Yes use your A/C that will get rid of it in seconds, and ensure that your vents are set to fresh and not recirc once they are cleared.

As regards it steaming up quickly, thats a good thing because it means the interior of the car is very well sealed.

one thing i would check is water in the boot, (mine leaked and caused it to mist up) and also use window-lean cream to clean the glass inside.

nezerr Posted on Aug 18 2004, 03:02 PM

one thing i would check is water in the boot, (mine leaked and caused it to mist up) and also use window-lean cream to clean the glass inside.

where exactly did you found a leak?

nezerr Posted on Aug 18 2004, 03:02 PM

where exactly did you found a leak?

bottom of the boot seal

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links