Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Does the iQ have a "service required" indicator

74hct04

Hi all,

I bought my iQ with no service history but there's evidence that it was fleet pool car and has had regular servicing (clean oil - same colour I see after a few hundred miles in my C1 with the same* engine - minimal lip on brake disks etc).

Everywhere I look, I can't get a clear answer to a simple question: Does the iQ have a service required light on the dashboard or perhaps text on the multi-function LCD display? Youtube videos suggest how to reset it but I want to know what I am expecting to appear when the time comes please. (Also, I am not sure the Scion version is the same in this regard).

Bonus question: can I check a mileage/time remaining to the next service with a button combination?

Many thanks in advance!

(*There are probably some engine changes between the two cars such as under-piston oil jets etc... I am a 1KR-FE nerd 🤓)

I've seen these videos, but have never seen such an indicator on my 2014 IQ 2. I have looked...

I reckon there isn't one...

If it was me, I'd be planning a service soon, just for my peace of mind and to create a new starting point. having bought a blank Service Record Book as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, PCM said:

I've seen these videos, but have never seen such an indicator on my 2014 IQ 2. I have looked...

I reckon there isn't one...

If it was me, I'd be planning a service soon, just for my peace of mind and to create a new starting point. having bought a blank Service Record Book as well. 

Thank you very much indeed, I appreciate it. I was planning on shining a torch on the dash to check the outlines of the symbols, but I recon you're probably right. Even the dealership doesn't know!

The car is ex-government owned from new and has a completely blank service book included. It was supplied by the local franchised dealer directly to our government then bought at auction by me. I am trying to get them to send me a copy of the history but we will see what happens.

Like my C1, I intend to perform servicing and light-repairs myself 🙂

Edited by 74hct04
adding detail
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Toyota petrol cars of that era don't tend to have service indicators. Some diesels have oil maintenance lights.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links