Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Carista App

jthspace

Used the one-month-free offer and made a couple of tweaks.

Open all windows with long unlock press

Close all windows with long lock press

One-touch on all windows to open/close

Quick indicator set to five flashes instead of three and upped the click volume 

Auto lights set to "darkest" (I know it's in the menu system somewhere but couldn't quickly find it)

Apple App version.

I've got an old Android phone so I'll also get DrPrius and have a look at that as well. 

Any other tweak software recommendations?

• Like 5

Interior lights when set to door only to start when the door is open not when car is switched off. This is good when you are doing frequent stops , switching off the car but remain seated inside. Saves a bit of Battery power. Auto lock doors again after unlocking and no doors been opened, by default is 30 sec, you can do 1 min instead. Helpful when the keyless entry is disabled. Passenger seat belt chime deactivated, this is good when you placed items on passenger seat otherwise the beeps are very annoying. 

• Like 2

I thought about deactivating seat belt chimes, they're annoying but are a good nag.  We're adults and learned to clunk-click and don't need the nanny state, so may just turn them off 🤣

Yep, auto-relock timer extension is a good one, I've unlocked the car from the hall, walked to the car and it's relocked as I got there (and keys still on the hall table) 

On the window open/close option, I could also set the roof to do the same, but I can't fathom out exactly where the panoramic roof will fold to! 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jthspace said:

I thought about deactivating seat belt chimes, they're annoying but are a good nag.  We're adults and learned to clunk-click and don't need the nanny state, so may just turn them off 🤣

I use the chimes with the mother in law.  She is prone to unstrapping after we move off as she decides to take her coat off even after we had told her to take it off when she got in.

Chime starts and I go into creep mode.  As it gets more insistent we tell her the car will stop.  She believes us, she is 98.  Anyway,  it will stop won't it 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

If your passenger is stubborn enough after some time the seat belt reminder will give up and go silent, only a red flashing light somewhere on the dash will remain flashing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

Auto lock doors again after unlocking and no doors been opened, by default is 30 sec, you can do 1 min instead. Helpful when the keyless entry is disabled. Passenger seat belt chime deactivated, this is good when you placed items on passenger seat otherwise the beeps are very annoying. 

Two of the first things I did when I got Techstream up and running... Much more sensible door lock timing.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...

Anyone know if the Carista OBD device uses power if left plugged in when the car is 'off'? It seems a good device.

Believe it draws 12v for its bluetooth connection.  OBD remains live independent of ignition.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Yes, but I used a cheaper Amazon one and it works perfectly.

Only advantage of Carista one is you get a free month software access, but you can buy a months access fairly cheaply.

Amazon OBD Adapter

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I have auto fold mirrors which are activated by opening and closing the doors.

Does someone knows if I can deactivate it in Carista?

Furthermore when i activate the parking light the front led stripe goes on and so does the rear light. When I turn the lever to 0 position the front led stripe goes on (brighter than in park position) but the rear light stays off.

Can I deactivate the rear light so it only goes on when running with the regular halogen headlights in Carista?

Thanks!

Dealers can alter mirrors auto fold setting to “power on” rather than “doors unlock/lock” so I imagine you can too via carista.

• Like 3

Adjust “looking for key” from 5 days to 2. It helps with saving 12v Battery.

• Like 2

On 8/30/2023 at 5:51 PM, jthspace said:

Yes, but I used a cheaper Amazon one and it works perfectly.

Only advantage of Carista one is you get a free month software access, but you can buy a months access fairly cheaply.

Amazon OBD Adapter

Is there an option to enable and disable the back door kick sensor?

1 hour ago, anchorman said:

Is there an option to enable and disable the back door kick sensor?

Don't have that on a Yaris, but if you look on the software site, it gives a list of the options available for specific car models

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Carista software wise they are pushing boundaries by the day. They do periodic updates to add extras and more options. On each car different , but I believe if anyone buy their adapter or software subscription and not happy there is some 14 days cooling off period, but not 100% sure, best to double check if you are an interested party. 👍 I buy subscription for a year usually cost £47 then after year pass the car develop fault again and I have no choices but to purchase another year, still cheaper than dealer diagnostics. 

• Like 4

You can also buy 30 days so tweak and untweak until you are happy.  If you need to do more later, just buy another month.

• Like 7

• 7 months later...

I have looked all forums for Carista but I cannot find a clear answer if the application support the Yaris Cross model, all I read is about Yaris and Yaris GR. In the official webpage it only lists Yaris and not Yaris Cross. Is there anyone to confirm if it works? Thank you.

16 minutes ago, grafias3787 said:

I have looked all forums for Carista but I cannot find a clear answer if the application support the Yaris Cross model, all I read is about Yaris and Yaris GR. In the official webpage it only lists Yaris and not Yaris Cross. Is there anyone to confirm if it works? Thank you.

It’s the same system so as long as it supports Mk4 Yaris you’re good.  

• Like 4

Indeed, plus if it isn’t working then you can return for full refund. Just make sure you buy from Amazon. 👌

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links