Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air bag warning light

French Auris

Hi. 

2018 Toyota auris hybrid. 

Yesterday I noticed that the Airbag warning light was on in the instrument cluster. 

I have had a look and all looks OK with the front Seat bag connections. 

The others are not so easy to check. 

Is there a simple way to get this light turned off, like disconnecting the rear Battery for a few minutes or something else or is it a garage job to get checked out and reset if no problem found? 

Thanks in advance. 

If it were me, I would get a garage to check codes etc...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PCM said:

If it were me, I would get a garage to check codes etc...

Strange that this warning light came on for I hope no reason. A garage is another step but thought I'd try here 1st. 

You can use obd 2 adapter with suitable app ( paid ) and your phone you can run diagnostics yourself and see the codes. Do not disconnect the Battery, you will lose the codes and garage can’t help afterwards, unless the codes immediately returned. CARISTA OBD2 bluetooth Adapter and App: Diagnostics, Customizations, Service Procedures and Live Data for your VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, BMW, Mini https://amzn.eu/d/ilDESLl

• Like 1

On 8/9/2023 at 1:35 PM, TonyHSD said:

You can use obd 2 adapter with suitable app ( paid ) and your phone you can run diagnostics yourself and see the codes. Do not disconnect the battery, you will lose the codes and garage can’t help afterwards, unless the codes immediately returned. CARISTA OBD2 Bluetooth Adapter and App: Diagnostics, Customizations, Service Procedures and Live Data for your VW, Audi, SEAT, Skoda, Nissan, Infiniti, Toyota, Lexus, BMW, Mini https://amzn.eu/d/ilDESLl

Thanks, I was about to buy a OBDii but I got in the car this morning and low and behold the warning light was off and clear all day, Really weird. I've had this before with another warning light, 2 days on and then it clears itself. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, French Auris said:

Thanks, I was about to buy a OBDii but I got in the car this morning and low and behold the warning light was off and clear all day, Really weird. I've had this before with another warning light, 2 days on and then it clears itself. 

These faults are likely to be stored in the ecu. An adapter like carista worth every penny as you can use a free version for a month to check and fix your car now and then no need to pay subscription until the next time you have a problem and you can use the adapter with other apps for hybrid Battery test, checks etc. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links