Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New member with a 2017 Estima E-Four

Richard ENT

Hello, my wife and I have recently bought a Toyota Estima E-4 on a '67 plate with low mileage. It is a lovely car and we are very pleased. We have had two previous models and did not really worry about manuals as they were simpler. There is more about this one and the current manual is in Japanese. An English manual would be very helpful, not least to understand the functionality of the buttons on the steering wheel and the dashboard. Does anyone know if one can get a manual in English or if there is another way of working out the functionality issues. Thanks for all your help! Richard

• Like 2

Moved to the Estima forum.

Hi Frostyballs, I am afraid that I am not doing well in finding my way round, please could you send me a link or intsructions as to how to get to the Estima forum, sorry if I am being. little slow!!  Thanks, Richard

Hi Richard,

Click on the forum tab on the red bar and scroll down to other Toyota models. You will see Japanese imports,under this click on Toyota aplhard/vellfire/estima/wish/bb.

Then you will see subforums and second heading down Toyota Estima forum. You will see your post on right hand side and all other estima posts.Hope this helps.👍

Hi Mushu84 and thank you. Do you have any thoughts on where we might be able to find a manual in English? 

Hi Richard, welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it. Sorry I missed you are a new member from my earlier reply to your question on Estima forum👍

Its a big topic Richard what is the item currently causing concern, if we break down each point someone may have the answers you need.

The problem is the switches on the steering wheel that change the screen display. We are not sure what the buttons do or what functionality is available from them.  We thought that if we could find an English manual that would assist us. Alternatively, I wondered whether there was another model of Toyota that might be comparable and whether we could use a manual from that model to assist us. Thank you, Richard

Have you tried the translation apps on a smart phone?

I think you could be on the right track looking at other models as they usually stick to a pattern at least for a while. I only have the basics on my model and you are probably used to those from your previous one. I will have a look in my english translated manual tomorrow.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Toyota-2006-2012-English-Language-Handbook/dp/1869762835/ref=asc_df_1869762835/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=499393566409&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14370975136291832807&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044976&hvtargid=pla-1185913819583&psc=1

I bought an English translation of the Japanese manual. Looks identical apart from the language :biggrin: I think it cost me about £25. Not sure where I got it from. I'll have a dig around and find out

Nothing really mentioned in my book, just the mearest mention of Lane Keep Assist (LKA)

Hi Richard, I got a workshop manual from Canada Called CHILTON'S,for my 1997 Estima as Haynes could not provide but  one can download any or most. However, opening  ( Haynes Publishing  Group, Sparkford Nr.Yeovil , Someset BA22 7JJ ) on Google will open up a good selection of possibilities where & how to get what you requier .

My Manual came from Haynes North America,Inc, 861 Lawrence Drive, Newbury Park California 91320 USA . Not as well detailed as the Haynes , 

Whish you success 

Thank you all very much for your input, it is refreshing how supportive everyone is, I shall try the suggested approaches and keep looking. If anyone finds anything else I would be very grateful. Part of the problem is that being a more modern model there is  more functionality, particularly on the steering wheel, than compared to earlier models. Thanks again! Richard

Richard could you approach a friendly dealer/seller near you? There are lots advertised on the Estima buy and sell facebook page.

• 7 months later...

I bought a 2016 plate E-Four last August. Had similar problem with the owner's handbook supplied (Japanese and an older model). Searched on internet and found / downloaded handbook for my model (albeit in Japanese). Downloaded the doc. and used Google Translate to convert text to English - conversion pretty good. Once downloaded, printed doc. to pdf file, but file too large for one pdf document. Went back to translated download and selected less pages and saved as separate files - now have the handbook, translated into two files e.g. chapters 1-4, 5-8 etc.  Files now accessible on phone, so "handbook" available all time, and can be searched using the Find text feature.

Only thing I'm still "missing" is a detailed service schedule to follow checks, replacement etc.

Hope this is helpful to all

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

There is a google translated copy (pdf) on the web somewhere for 2009-2012 model? 
Cant recall the exact location
estima_hybrid_201205_eng.pdf
estima_hybrid_201205_eng.pdf (dropbox.com)

In fact I found that from a post here

And can always ask here about any buttons or warning lights that you need clarification on

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links