Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Smart Connect 9 Inch Screen Sat Nav Issues

Nailstone

Have only had the Yaris cross Excel with the 9 inch screen  for a few days  so I might be missing a trick. 

When using the smart connect navigation  I enter the destination pick the route etc

All is fine works as it should but if you stop say at a service station switch off the car go get a coffee come back switch the car back on you get a screen that asks if you want to resume journey ( press yes) .

But then you get  Accept the TOS screen ( again press yes) and all of a sudden the Sat Nav has no destination.

You have to manually enter the destination again, No recent locations stored this seems wrong to me ( My old sat Nav in the Chr used to store previous destinations and auto resume journeys)

Am I doing something wrong , Dealer was not much help which I wasn't expecting as he wasn't even able to change the clock when picking up the car.

Also anyone with this screen managed to switch off keyless entry I Have looked all over the menus and cannot find this  

If you’re getting the tos prompt every time it probably means that you are not properly logged in to the system.  You will be using the guest profile which doesn’t store favourites or recent destinations. You need to login and it should ask you to set a method for identifying you using either the ignition key or your phone, I use the key. It should then automatically log you in every time you switch on. 

• Thanks 2

I more or less agree with Ralph except that Guest profile does store addresses.  What was a PITA is that addresses entered as Guest are not available to Owner etc.  Logical really and the problem goes away when properly registered. 

It is easy to do if you know how.  It is easier to let the garage do it.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies , Thought as much  that it might have something to with  the profiles etc

The dealer did set the wife's phone up and she did get a nice welcome message for a day or so when starting the car.

When  I get home from work ill  have a go resetting up the profiles to the keys and not the phone.

Can you have more than one profile ? 

Otherwise a Trip back to dealers and he can fix it along with the tyres pressures as I have different pressures on all four tyres.

• Like 1

I find I can’t enter a destination remotely on mine, it says I have to register my device and goes on to show 4 different screens but I’m not sure which one, both our phones are set up in the car, and it says something about setting up the details from the app, can’t find this anywhere in the cars menu..but I wonder because mine has the city pack with the smaller screen, can I do this..?

If you are having trouble with profiles, check the firmware version you are on. I had horrendous issues with the previous version (I think 1.22.133) but the current version is reasonably stable (1.23.0.10). 

Having said that there is definitely an issue with it keeping previous destinations. It used to be reliable - press the favourites toggled between true (selected) favourites and previous destinations. Now it does not reliably store previous destinations. It could be something as simple as if the route is cancelled before completion, I don't know. I have also lost the ability to see destinations previously sent to car from the app, which I'm positive I used to be able to see. 

Hi just wondering if other Toyota  2022 Yaris cross Excel owners have the same nav issues no longer showing the speed camera site .

I have contacted Toyota UK and they said there is an issue but have not offered any fix.

• Like 1