Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Urban Cruiser strugling to go uphill

Tekgr

Hello there, we bought an urban cruiser 2011 used 1.3 4wd d4d engine. We remove already dpf because it had fault. My wife drive this car every day. the other day we join the car 4 adults , we are not overeweight,so  the road goes straight then you should stop and the you turn right and is uphill. the car stall after 5 meters.we had A/c .i went back to take more distance i close the a/c and i did it again this time start to climb it but the car strugling and did not have power had about 900-1000-1200 rpm. What is the reason to do that. my front tyres are old but had no wet road.

1.4 diesel doesn't build turbo pressure until 1200 rpm and does come off boost until over 3000rpm

the fact that you stalled it means you were more than likely in too low of a gear at the given speed you were doing 40-50 kph and you were in 4th or 5th, you were off the boost, drop a gear or 2, and it will not have an issue

A dpf delete is mostly illegal across Europe that comes with its own issues if the ECU is not modified to suit

Modern diesels don't like low miles and short journeys, it will foul up the DPF, Intake and EGR and/or EGR cooler

• Like 1

If the DPF's been removed and nothing else changed, the car is very likely in limp mode so it won't let you have full power...

• Like 1

Thanks you for your answers. We found that the problem came from the clutch. we order one from internet and doesnt match up and we dont know why. is that difficult to find?.
this is the page we order is in greek https://megaparts.gr/TOYOTA-URBAN-CRUISER-(-P1-)-07-07-03-16-1.4-D-4D-4WD-(NLP115-)-1ND-TV-(90hp)-01-09-04-14/Set-symplekti/m111_a8253_t32026_r479_v2#

that we the word διαθεσιμο and the green back round means available. and we did the order with car serial number or what ever is that number.

Hmm, someone else with an Urban Cruiser was also having trouble sourcing a clutch. I can't remember if they found one in the end, or got it refurbished?

• Thanks 1

The pressure plate must have failed, The Toyota and LUK clutches have been on back order for nearly a year now, most have had the clutch plate refurbished

A Greek member sent their clutch to Nutexa Frictions Ltd (UK) and got it back within a week, not sure if they can do anything with the pressure plate tho

IIRC that website you linked is run by Autodoc, they are terrible for cross-referencing items that shouldn't be or listing items that aren't correct

NLP115 clutch is specific to the Urban cruiser 4x4

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Both you are very helpful.
This set that shop send me was for NLP110 you are right. Reading you post i start to learn abou the car. thank you very much. if i dont find new i will try to send on Nutexa frictions ltd. Sorry for my bad english.
i will update the post for news about my Odyssey

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links