Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MPG in Eco mode

JonathanTB

After a few thousand miles our Yaris Cross Hybrid is showing over 68 MPG average in Eco mode which we are really grateful for

• Like 3

I have just checked the MyT app and it is showing me a figure of 3.9L/100km, which equates to 72.43mpg. My own spreadsheet is showing 67.47mpg. The figures are from when I got the car in April. I use 'Normal' 95% of the time, so, like you Jonathan, I am happy. 👍

• Like 4

Great isn't it? This is the sort of thing I was expecting from hybrids from the off - True efficiency that you didn't have to try hard to achieve, without sacrificing performance! I was quite disappointed with the earlier iterations as they really didn't impress over existing tech, but I'm glad they've finally brought out its potential.

It's amazing the mpg you can get out of them just by driving normally, and that's how it should be!

I just wish they'd gotten to this stage earlier as there isn't much time left to exploit it now, with the impending EV cutoff, and if this had been demonstrated earlier, more people would have adopted them and created more demand for cars to be hybridized!

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Totally agree, normal driving works, whereas unnecessary feathering of the throttle just results in depleted batteries.

It’s just like Max Verstappen’s F1 car, regen the Battery when you get chance, ready for a quick lap.

Missing my Yaris already, yesterday it disappeared and Honda Jazz appeared on the drive. 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

it is showing me a figure of 3.9L/100km, which equates to 72.43mpg.

Can I ask you where can I find this detail on the app. Mine just shows 72mpg on the yearly section of hybrid coaching. btw @JonathanTB, I'm mainly eco mode too about 99% of the time and motorways are 35% of the time. Thanks,

N6Cp9ig.png

@PB194 I can get nothing to show in mpg as I am in Ireland, so presumably, I get the European version of everything! Having said that, the SatNav will show speed limits in mph when I cross into Northern Ireland, but the drivers display still shows kms, so I get two speed limits showing! When I enter a 40mph limit, the car tells me I am exceeding the speed limit, as it reads the signs as kph - a bit annoying!

• Like 2

I got 71 mpg absolutely normal driving without anything eco, always keeping with the traffic and doing 70+ miles on the motorway

For me this is the reason I bought the car to drive as normal and have that MPG

I’ve seen a lot better sometimes (around 92 mpg in some drives) but I understand the bigger picture that in reality I have about 71 for all the miles I did until now

IMG_0184.jpeg

• Like 4

On 8/25/2023 at 11:57 PM, ISL said:

Totally agree, normal driving works, whereas unnecessary feathering of the throttle just results in depleted batteries.

It’s just like Max Verstappen’s F1 car, regen the battery when you get chance, ready for a quick lap.

Missing my Yaris already, yesterday it disappeared and Honda Jazz appeared on the drive. 😊

If only we got paid max,s annual salary 🤭

• Haha 3

On 8/25/2023 at 11:57 PM, ISL said:

The Jazz is just the required suffering to balance out and  make you appreciate the '86 more :naughty: 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

The Jazz is just the required suffering to balance out and  make you appreciate the '86 more :naughty: 

Flat cap dusted off and everyone on the road giving me lots of room 😲

• Haha 4

Oh dear 😞, I like the Jazz.

Is it because I'm getting older,dafter,or sensible?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Did a refuel today.  Still showing 70.2 miles to the gallon. This is a pretty accurate reading as my manual system, using fingers, toes and an abacus resulted in a return of 69.3 mpg.  Still very impressed.

• Like 5

I refuelled at Watford Sainsburys yesterday - 142.9p! My usual was 144.9, and a lot of others are near 150! :eek: 

~420 miles covered, 82.6mpg indicated! :biggrin: 

• Like 7

Oh, I miss my mpg figures in the Yaris, as he glances down and see’s an average of 18.6mpg for the first 10 miles. A quick refuel and reset was pleased with the next 80 miles returning just over 40mpg. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Oooh I didn't realize you'd gotten it already!! That didn't seem like too long a wait compared to some other models!!

But I think what you lose in miles per gallon, you'll get back in smiles per gallon :naughty: :laugh: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ISL said:

Oh, I miss my mpg figures in the Yaris, as he glances down and see’s an average of 18.6mpg for the first 10 miles. A quick refuel and reset was pleased with the next 80 miles returning just over 40mpg. 

How do you get 40?

The best I have seen was when the dealer picked the car up for servicing and got 46.

Best I get in winter is 57 🙂

• Like 1

It's because he has a GR86 now and not a Yaris Hybrid - I consider 40mpg to be astronomically good for a GR86! :laugh: 

If I had one I'd struggle to get out of single digits I suspect.... :whistling1:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My current mpg for the last tank in August was 69.3...it seems to be getting even better as it loosens up 😊

• Like 2

Apart from driving style, I'm sure the geography where we drive varies enormously making meaningful comparisons impossible. I'm sure most of us are pleased with our own car's performance. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

Apart from driving style, I'm sure the geography where we drive varies enormously making meaningful comparisons impossible. I'm sure most of us are pleased with our own car's performance. 

I would tend to agree.

I'm not even half-way through a tank, and put 280 miles on my car in the last couple of days (I'm being restrained and driving it as required to run it in).

I figure I'm making over 70 real MPG. I can't wait to see what it'll be doing in a few thousand miles.

I figure by the time I'm at a point of refuelling, I'll have got over 520 miles out of 30 L (tank capacity is 36 L).

Roll on next year when we take it long-distance. I'm betting >600 miles is achievable.

• Like 1

William, agree, we are on top of a hill.  MPG to the nearby towns north and south are both significantly better than on the return journeys.

I old money we are at 375 feet.  To the north we drop to 150 feet.  It does not seem much but it certainly has an effect.  Gradient also has an impact I think as the initial rise returning south is steeper. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

William, agree, we are on top of a hill.  MPG to the nearby towns north and south are both significantly better than on the return journeys.

I old money we are at 375 feet.  To the north we drop to 150 feet.  It does not seem much but it certainly has an effect.  Gradient also has an impact I think as the initial rise returning south is steeper. 

Absolutely correct. 👍

Well, a trip to Whitby yesterday afternoon, filled up on the way in at the Shell garage ( cheaper than where I am) , reset trip, showing 199 mpg, driving into Whitby this didn’t change, nor did it change on the way out, I was in electric mode due to traffic, the test came going up blue bank hill, expecting the revs to go through the roof and it struggle going up, it made it with relative ease and not too much noise, the mpg, however, showed , at its lowest point 49 mpg, still good, but nowhere near what I’m used to, but, using the b mode on the down hill sections over the moors, this rose considerably, up to 72mpg , this it stayed for most of the drive home until it dropped to 71.5 mpg, I’m impressed…

• Like 1

Today was very windy - gusting up to 35 mph.

31 mile trip to my daughter's home with 2 stops on the way (1 x 15 minutes and 1 x 40 minutes) with a tailwind gave 78.5 mpg.

Same trip home (no stops though) into a headwind gave 66.6 mpg.

Reminds me of the tale (probably false) that the Allegro was more aerodynamic from the rear rather than the front 😂

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links