Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear door wouldn't open, now it does.

Axion_W

2 Days ago I tried to open the rear right door on my XP90 and it wouldn't open from the outside. A week before that it opened fine and i've never had a problem with it before. When trying to open the door from the outside the door handle sounded and felt 'dry' for a lack of a better description. Like it needed to be lubricated, whereas all the other door handles felt fine. The door would open perfectly fine from the inside but it would not open from the outside. Yesterday I tried to open it again from the outside and it worked. The door handle still felt the same, like it needed lubrication, but the door opened no problem. I've tried to see if anyone else has had this problem but it seems most people's problem is with it not opening from the inside. I thought I would probable have to replace the locking mechanism, but now that it opens fine, it doesn't make much sense to me. How can it go from opening fine, to not opening at all, to then opening fine again? I hope someone can help answer that question.

• Like 2

A possible fault in the child lock mechanism maybe? 🤔 Might be worth turning that to on and off positions a few times and lubricating the lock mechanism 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

55 minutes ago, AurisOwner32 said:

A possible fault in the child lock mechanism maybe?

I wouldn't have thought so. The child lock prevents the door being opened from the inside.

• Like 2

If it was me I would remove the door panel and lubricate the door mechanism and spring. This way you can see if something may be cracked or broken if so it is easy to replace if required.👍

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bathtub tom said:

I wouldn't have thought so. The child lock prevents the door being opened from the inside.

Yes I read the post but if there was somehow a fault with it and it somehow got its function mixed up then I was suggesting it just might be 1 source for the issue. You're probably right though. 👍🏻

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links