Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MK3 vs Cross

Max_Headroom

Could someone tell me the difference in width excluding mirrors between the two i have searched and keep getting different measurements. 

Thanks in advance.

I don't have exact figures, but they are pretty much identical.

Best bet is to get the owners manuals for both, and compare specs.

I did actually check this myself, but it was over 18 months ago.

The Cross seems bigger due to flatter/more square sides.

I actually want to compare the Cross with the Gen.4 Yaris - the Cross feels wider, but AFAIK should have identical wheel base/width.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

I don't have exact figures, but they are pretty much identical.

I have not found figures under 70mm which is for a small car quite a difference that is why i was hoping someone here could give me their view, this is the MK3 vs the Cross.

Honesty the Yaris X it’s a tiny car.
Only looks big on pictures but in reality is a baby Toyota, just a tiny bit bigger than normal Yaris.  If you need exact measure for a garage parking for example best way is to visit a dealer with your tap measure and ask the to unlock a car and pull the windows down and mirrors unfolded take the exact measurements just to be on the safe side. If you only interest like car overall size I can assume you it is no ,use biggest then a any other Yaris, and definitely smaller than a Corolla hatchback. 👍

• Like 1

It was not too difficult to find on Google. It's 70mm difference. 

Screenshot_2023-09-05-16-32-41-148_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c167c7068022936b63da248e62208bce.jpgScreenshot_2023-09-05-16-31-18-222_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7eb834565df645035b3ee08f6905b025.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

It was not too difficult to find on Google. It's 70mm difference. 

Screenshot_2023-09-05-16-32-41-148_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.c167c7068022936b63da248e62208bce.jpgScreenshot_2023-09-05-16-31-18-222_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.7eb834565df645035b3ee08f6905b025.jpg

I also got 70 mm but there were a few sites quoting more and less, i will go with 70mm 

• Like 2

In our case, neither would fit! 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

It depends what you consider big! I already consider the Mk4 a fairly large car, esp. compared to my old ickle Mk1!!

I remember joking years ago that my next car might be an Aygo due to the 'embiggening' of cars over time, but I think the AygoX is actually bigger than my old Mk1! :laugh: 

Still, could be worse - It's quite funny/scary when you put a Mk1 Golf next to a modern one, or a Mk1 RAV4 next to a modern one - They look like they've gone up 1 or 2 car classes! :laugh: 

• Haha 1

The Gen.4 has a Tardis-like quality to it. I drove past another Gen.4 in the lane next to me earlier today, and I could have sworn my car felt longer than the car I was looking at, yet they must be the same size?! It was weird!!

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links