Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Grinding noise

Shak_ahmed

Hi, I have purchased a Toyota auris 1.33 vvti - tr a (60 plate) September 2010 model, I have had it for a month and 2 weeks ago it’s started to make a grinding noise, but when I put the clutch down ,it goes away, then comes back once I’ve changed gears,
 please can you help me diagnose the problem/issue 

• Sad 2

Agree with Jose on this Shaker,

Your desciption definately sounds like a clutch release bearing problem and if that needs replacing the clutch will need changing as it'll be worn also.

• Like 2

If he would get that job done (and it is a somewhat heavy labor job), I'd recommend taking a look at the fork and the rubber boot. Replace if necessary also.

• Like 1

If the car was bought from a dealer if me I will return for warranty repair or at least some sort of reimbursement. , paid parts or free labour. 

• Like 2

Yes I did buy it from a dealer and it has 3 month’s warranty, will my warranty cover this and for free

50 minutes ago, Shak_ahmed said:

Yes I did buy it from a dealer and it has 3 month’s warranty, will my warranty cover this and for free

Yes imo, you should push hard if necessary for reimbursement or full free repair. Clutch and brakes aren’t usually covered by manufacturers new car warranty unless premature failure, however in used car cases the car sold to the new owner must be of satisfactory condition and road worthy unless otherwise stated on the advert. If your car comes with 3 months written warranty by third party warranty provider or as dealer promise these are your first call places. 
Do not go to other garages or you will mess up your rights. 
Call the dealer first. 
Good luck 

• Like 2

And don't forget your statutory rights.

"If the person selling the car is in the business of selling cars, he remains liable for any defect that was present or could have been present on the date of sale for six months from the date of sale"

• Like 1

I’ve checked the clutch, the biting point is at it normal position between low and the middle, so it’s not worn, if it was it will be very high, so it’s not worn, correct me if I’m wrong, gears go in to place as it should and revs are not dropping when Changing gears.

Agree with you. Sounds like the clutch is fine. Release bearings often start to become noisy after a few years. This doesn't mean it's dead or will fail any time soon. Obviously, I don't know what it sounds like in your car - it might be bad it might be 'normal'. Often, it is only really obvious when stationary and the windows are down. If you can hear it while driving at speed, then that's worse.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links