Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Solar battery charger

fengirl22

I have been unable to start my car due to a flat Battery on two occasions.  I am considering using a solar Battery charger.  However, the connector in the console is not live when the engine is switched off. I have done some research and it appears some solar chargers come with an EOBD connector on them. The EOBD connector is usually hidden inside the car. It is only used for diagnosis of faults. However it does have a permanent 12Volt connection. Does anyone know where it is?

16 minutes ago, fengirl22 said:

I have been unable to start my car due to a flat battery on two occasions.  I am considering using a solar battery charger.  However, the connector in the console is not live when the engine is switched off. I have done some research and it appears some solar chargers come with an EOBD connector on them. The EOBD connector is usually hidden inside the car. It is only used for diagnosis of faults. However it does have a permanent 12Volt connection. Does anyone know where it is?

One like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/AA-5060114614185-Solar-Powered-Battery-Charger/dp/B00AC1LLQY

The port is usually up under the dash in the drivers footwell.

I saw a chr drive by this week with a solar trickle charger on the dashboard. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links