Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Please Help

mrsayes

hey guys i need to see if some one can point me in the general dirction on where to start to look for this particular problem i have i own a 2000 celica gt 5spd and for the longest time i had a ticking sound coming from my engine i never got around to looking for the problem but i think now i have no choice because the ticking has turned in to a clank and the car doesnt want to stay on can some one please give me some insight on what to look for thanks

A new engine :( Sounds like you may have left it too late.

Hard to diagnose from a written description. try answering these for starters. :thumbsup:

Is it a heavy or light knock?

Does it get louder as the revs increase?

Any signs of oil or coolant loss?

SOUNDS LIKE A VALVE POPPED OUT POSSIBLY ????

sound like bottom end i had a small rattle sound at around 3000rpm for a while then it turnde into a clanking sound then the car lacked power and sounded poo not good but thing is the nissan was 13yo shouldnt got after 4 years so maybe not.

what can cause it though so ive been told is if you mix synthetic and non/semi synthetic oil just turns it into gunk so cant lube the lump up

bit of a garbled message soz

ed

Could it not also be that one of the tappets (valve lifter) has failed? If this happened the engine could only run on 3 cylinders.

Does the celica have hydraulic lifters or are they shimmed?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links