Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch 2 live camera rip off.

Max_Headroom

Having tried several times to get mine to connect I have found out I need the map and camera update at £119 per year to get live camera updates, I could not find this info in any guides and I have read and viewed many, I now have a TomTom sat nav which cost £120 i get live map updates free for life and cameras for £32 per year, it' looks better and is quicker and more user friendly. 

• Like 1

For the MK3 model it's better to have a dedicated sat nav in the windscreen position than its unsafe low position in the car. When I got the MK3 I did not care that the car didn't come with sat nav. 

Now I have a MK4, the screen position is much better, so use AA for Tom tom, as well I have a standalone tomtom. 

The sat nav manufacturer determines what they consider the life of their models. For example back in 2018 TomTom withdrew services and updates for 60+ older models due to reaching their end of life.

1 hour ago, Mojo1010 said:

For the MK3 model it's better to have a dedicated sat nav in the windscreen position than its unsafe low position in the car. When I got the MK3 I did not care that the car didn't come with sat nav. 

Now I have a MK4, the screen position is much better, so use AA for Tom tom, as well I have a standalone tomtom. 

I have a garmin which I bought for my mark3 a couple of years ago and I wasn't too worried that sat nav is not on my mid spec mark4 because it's brilliant and I have updated it, so no worries. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mojo1010 said:

I have used it lots of times and its never let me down and luckily  i have never got caught in traffic, I dont find the position dangerous i only glance when i get the turn warning its not like i watch it for several seconds at a time.

My next car will have android auto so thre will be no issues with map and camera updates.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links