Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cant get in my car

Svenin

Today I could not open my car, car does not react to keyfob and keyhole doesnt turn arround!! I was able to open the hood so I know there is power on the Battery but still no help! Anyone?

Spray a lot of WD-40/GT-85 in the lock and work it back and forth with the key

is it a push button start and keyless entry ?

how did you open the bonnet/hood ?? How do you know you have power  - it's a flat Battery tbh either the 12v and/or the fob Battery

Have done the wd40, not a budge, I removed the logo and drilled a hole in the openmechanism and was able to open the bonnet, messured the Battery and it has 12,9v all fuses in the engine comp. Is fine.. both key fobs are flashing red when pushing the butten, its a keystart car

2 hours ago, Svenin said:

I removed the logo and drilled a hole in the openmechanism and was able to open the bonnet,

Hmmm

• Like 1

Try tapping on door when turning key, try spare the spare key.

Can you open the boot door then try the inside handle.

Last resort a long block of 2by 2 wood inside wheel arch front drivers side and hit it with a hammer(it simulate a crash all locks open in a crash). 

6 minutes ago, Derek.w said:

all locks open in a crash

Wouldn't you actually need to be in the car?

6 minutes ago, Stivino said:

Wouldn't you actually need to be in the car?

No you dont need tobe in the car.

So, all I have to do, if I want to break into a car without leaving a trace, is to give it a hard dunt?

Reset it, take off Battery terminals for 1/2 hour. Maybe somebody has put something in your key hole, that is stopping it from turning? 

What about the boot or other doors, do they open?

Not sure which fuse controls the doors?

hi try to think what you done lately or add to the car, try to think what you did yesterday, change the key Battery (in have sensor in it also), disconnect the Battery and try open it without the Battery off, if wont open then its something with the door mechanism, try to open the trunk, try the spare key i think the key itself damage and you wont be able to turn ignition on also ...

don't go far away most of those things are made from stupid small issues ... try to think logic.

Thank you for answers, I have only one key hole and have tried 3 keys but nothing… will try to take the Battery off for 1/2h today, if not im going to get some breakin tools from a mechanic friend

you tried 3 keys that wont turn the door switch or with bottom press that wont open the car ... ? the other keys probably Battery empty in it for sure yours also, any way dont brake the car, are you have full insurance on this car ?  

New Battery in key today, no help, but i was able to open the car with a string and some help today, car starts but keys dont work to open the doors, ac controll dont work and cabin light dont turn on when opening the doors, all fuses good…

Do the locks operate if you press the lock/unlock button inside the car (not the fob)

the door switches/interior lights and locking are linked

Is it a hatch, saloon (sedan) or wagon ?

• 2 weeks later...

Found the blown fuse under the steeringwheel, and one for the ac controll panel blown, got a new(used) controll unit and var work fine now 

thanks folks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links