Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaving

Chrisg99

On 9/26/2023 at 8:05 AM, Leo63 said:

Hi Chris 

Good luck on your next purchase and advice over the last year. We will be looking at a different car due Toyota being greedy wanting over £40,000 for the new CHR.

All the best Chris 

Crazy for CHR, at this price would get a used of this: (or new at 41750)Screenshot_2023-10-26-08-54-53-241_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.94861ae9bc2cd4fae00385f8b1360569.jpg

• Like 2

Much as I like my 2021 C-HR Dynamic, I can’t see why it should be priced as high as +£40k.  I would certainly be looking at a different model/make rather than pay this kind of figure.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Haliotis said:

Much as I like my 2021 C-HR Dynamic, I can’t see why it should be priced as high as +£40k.  I would certainly be looking at a different model/make rather than pay this kind of figure.

If you go for the most popular model they have no incentive to lower the prices.

• Like 3

I’m really impressed with the look of the new CHR but £40000 is far outwith my financial comfort zone.

• Like 3

I still can scarcely believe how much I paid *for a Yaris!* :wacko: :laugh: 

The only way is up, as the song goes. If only my wages went the same way!!

They need to review that premium tax threshold tho' - At this rate it won't be long before almost all cars will be subject to it!

• Like 4

Bangernomics is still a possibility around here, although I realise obviously not in ulez zones in the cities that have them for most cars.

I reckon it's still possible to find something that is an ok runaround for £1000 or less,if not in a rush and have time to root around a bit.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cyker said:

They need to review that premium tax threshold tho' - At this rate it won't be long before almost all cars will be subject to it!

More fiscal drag.

• Like 1

Around the same price for Lexus & CHR, lexus has about 100litres more boot space as well as being a premium car. Screenshot_2023-10-27-18-02-33-460_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.fed632a90f6344b73b83c3a785aecff7.jpgScreenshot_2023-10-27-18-01-55-422_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.d621ba6e72e86018c1ac8bc4452e1b5b.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cyker said:

I still can scarcely believe how much I paid *for a Yaris!* :wacko: :laugh: 

The only way is up, as the song goes. If only my wages went the same way!!

Now, there’s the government swindle factor at work again - bring in something that only hits the wealthy in the first instance, then natural inflation works the miracle for the treasury, as Joe Public gets sucked into the trap.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Is it PHEV?

The PHEV details have not been released yet, those are the prices for the regular petrol-fueled hybrid, £31k for the Icon trim version upto £43k for the Premier, with the other trims in between.

I would expect the PHEV will be at least several thousand pounds or more on top.

At those kind of prices, there's not much between a petrol-hybrid and just jumping to a full EV. The Volvo EX30 EV which is a similar size starts at £34k for the regular range, £38k for the long range version and you get the fuel cost savings. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AJones said:

I would expect the PHEV will be at least several thousand pounds or more on top.

Wild speculation - 'cos it's fun!

The new C-HR Design (1.8) comes in at £34,685 + paint and options.

The cost of 'upgrading' from 1.8 to 2.0 is £2,495 - based on the difference in price between the Excel and GR Sport grades. Generally, the Excel and GR Sport grades cost the same with the same engine - the differences between 'comfort' and 'sporty' trims accounts for the difference in spec.

A RAV4 AWD Design Hybrid costs £41,260 while the equivalent PHEV costs £44,175. So, the cost of PHEViness is £2,915.

So, a new C-HR Design PHEV will come in at £40,095 OTR and just under the £40k list price threshold provided that you don't add paint and options.

Well, I thought that was fun! 😉

2 hours ago, philip42h said:

Wild speculation - 'cos it's fun!

The new C-HR Design (1.8) comes in at £34,685 + paint and options.

The cost of 'upgrading' from 1.8 to 2.0 is £2,495 - based on the difference in price between the Excel and GR Sport grades. Generally, the Excel and GR Sport grades cost the same with the same engine - the differences between 'comfort' and 'sporty' trims accounts for the difference in spec.

A RAV4 AWD Design Hybrid costs £41,260 while the equivalent PHEV costs £44,175. So, the cost of PHEViness is £2,915.

So, a new C-HR Design PHEV will come in at £40,095 OTR and just under the £40k list price threshold provided that you don't add paint and options.

Well, I thought that was fun! 😉

Not a penny more than £39999.99 will I pay for their Phev 😤

• Like 1

I would be interested in the 2.0 Excel, or GR Sport. Unless the new C-HR really blows my mind, I'll probably be moving too. I can't justify a price tag of more than £40K

I spoke to my local Dealer today and they are expecting to have an actual real C-HR in their showroom shortly. I still want to see one "in the flesh"so to speak, before I make a final decision.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links