Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mk1 Japanese Yaris, no working keys

Melliwuk

Hi all, got a bit of an unusual one here:  I will apologise in advance for the long post...

I was doing some welding on my Yaris, for some reason all the voltage seemed to shoot through the whole electrical system.  As a result my ECU went up in smoke, blew out all the diodes and damaged the Eeprom that holds the key codes.

I have sourced a second hand ECU but obviously the key transponder codes are different to my key ( i only got one with the car btw).  i have read the transponder code with a mini-bull reader (yes i get the Tiris data with windows, not just the main data you get when using it on its own).  I have 2 Eeprom readers that support the Atmel 25020 Eeprom which is in the ECU, however when i try reading with both readers it only reads the first half of the data in the chip.

So my problem is that even though i know the Tiris data i need to program into the chip it wont write the second part of the data

The part where the key data is stored, this part i can read and write.  But i have a feeling that if i write this then the second half of the data will be erased during writing this part.  also as you can see there are already 6 keys stored in this data, i am wondering if i wrote the Tiris data for one of these keys to the transponder in the key if that would solve the problem and allow the immobilizer to turn off...  (split into 16 byte lines for easier reading lol)

The Eeprom readers i have are a ch341a and an ezp2019 usb spi programmer.  both read the first half of the data when set to the Atmel 25020 but not the second half.  i am wondering if maybe Toyota had a special version of this chip made...  i have just noticed that the Youtube guy had the chip selected as a 25040 but when i tried that it just got blank data or repeated the first half of the data again...

I am wondering if i take the Tiris data from my ECU and write it to the transponder of my key if maybe that would work?  When reading the ECU i get unmatched key code error code, so the imobiliser is clearly reading the transponder.

Sorry for the long post, but i have been fighting with this since may and really need input now, as i don't want to rewrite the data in my key transponder unless it's likely to work...

Thanks for reading 🙂

Melli.

TBH, you're better off getting the keys and locks for that replacement ECU and just swapping them all over (Or, if they're not available, sending it back and getting them to swap it for an ECU that has all those bits, mainly the functioning keys, door locks and ignition barrel)

That said, flash22 might have the address the transponder codes are stored on the eeprom that you might be able to manually change, but that level of hackery is beyond me!

IIRC the immobilizer is part of the receiver ring on the xp10

what make are the keys, Valeo or Tokai Rika ?

What's the part number on the ecu ? Is the used one also from a jap car with the same P/No.

I have a few different tools I use

This might help, but as above might be cheaper/easier to grab another ecu with matching key.

Can you send me a dump of the atmel and 4d chip info

edit. Pull the atmel off the old ecu and fit it to the new ??

6 hours ago, flash22 said:

Can you send me a dump of the atmel and 4d chip info

edit. Pull the atmel off the old ecu and fit it to the new ??

when the ecu blew it blew out one of the legs on the chip, i did manage to get a dump of it, but i think it's only half the data, but i will attach what i got.  i have since managed to loose that chip somehow...  so using the original chip is no longer an option.   as mentioned above, with the eeprom readers i have i only get half the data from the atmel 25020 so i dont know if that would help, but i will attach what i have.  i will also get a dump of the replacment ecu chip and attach that in a seperate post.  but i have a feeling i may need a different eeprom reader/writer. 

the first key, 36 72 90 05 is the key i have.  i will hook up the zbull and get a dump of all the key data shortly too.

yaris.bin

On 9/27/2023 at 2:04 PM, flash22 said:

After a few technical difficulties

i have read that dump, after a bit of trial and error it comes back as an 4C

give this a try

yaris mod1.bin 512 B · 0 downloads

yaris mod 256.bin 256 B · 0 downloads

thnaks for that flash, sorry i forgot to say it's a 4c transponder...  i havent managed to get a key dump yet as for some reason my z-bull mini has decided to stop communicating with my pc, i will sort that if need be.  i will flash that as soon as i get a chance, got major repairs to do to my working car atm so will get round to the yaris after.

as soon as i get a chance to flash that i will let you know what happens.  i assume its the 256 byte file i try?  or do i try the 512 byte one first and if that fails to flash try the 256 byte one?

thanks, melli.

Only difference is the second part of the 512 of the hex is FF, as the data is in the first 256 and the immo only needs to read the first 256 it all depends on the software you use

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links