Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis T27 2010 Satnav Help

MikeEH

Can someone please tell me how to get my built-in satnav to stop telling me where to go? Since having the car 3 years ago, I've only used the satnav once before as I found it difficult to operate especially after using my wife's Tom Tom. I've been using the Tom Tom if I needed directions. However, I used the Avensis satnav last Saturday to take my grandson to football and when we got to the venue the satnav told me that we've reached our destination. I couldn'e see an 'End' or 'Stop' or 'Thank you, please sign off' button so I just turned the engine off. After the games, we got in the car and drove away and unexpectedly was told 'In 30 yards turn around'. But I've already arrived and now going home I told her. We couldn't stop her telling me to turn arond for about 4 miles, and don't know what my wife did, touched or pressed but she was shouting at the satnav quite a lot whilst fiddling with the flippin' thing! Anyway, it stopped instructing us. The Sunday morning I went in the car to get a newspaper, and just after leaving my house, I was told 'In 300yards, turn left'. Took me quite a while to get the satnav narrator to shut up, not really knowing what I had done. I haven't a copy of the satnav instruction manual, but I have been told that it's pretty thick and would take me the rest of my life to read and understand it! Please can someone just tell me simply how to find the stop button? Thank you.

Don't know what sat nav you have, but in mine you can press "Settings" (icon of two gears meshing)" and an option to "Stop guidance" comes up.

What head unit is in your T27?

If it is the TNS510 then there is no way to switch her off displaying the route, as far as I remember. I never used the voice option, so I can't comment. Either way, it's an ancient mapping system by the standards of today's Android apps, so why not stop it altogether?

I popped the SD card out and kept it safe somewhere in the car, as you need it to get the unit to boot after a Battery disconnection. With SD out, the audio side of the unit is functional without the map glaring (or talking) at you.

Sziasztok! Valaki tudna nekem segíteni abban hogy ezek a hibák jekentek meg. Hibája C1201 . Több szerelőhöz is voltam senki nem tud semmit!20230925_174107.thumb.jpg.fe480a0b101ae904e05a76a385aadcce.jpg

Thanks for replies. I don't know what the head unit reference is, but there is no settings (gear wheel) on the screen. I have just found a way of turning guidance off by pressing the Menu button at the side and going from there - I was too predisposed with tapping the screen that I ignored the plastic buttons at the side. But it is too involved to turn off the guidance early if I became aware of my location and didn't need guidance for the rest of the journey, whilst driving. I would have to stop the car to turn it off. It seems the more technological we become, the more complicated things get.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links