Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

I'm back - but which colour?

Extreme_One

I drove a 2021 ST for around 18 months, but a change of job had meant I've been driving an old pool car VW Polo for the last 6 months. 😆

I'm just picking my new car and going for a Corolla hatchback this time, but I can't quite decide which colour to go for.

I had the Obsidian blue ST, so am considering going for Obsidian blue again, but the Decuma Grey is quite appealing too!

What colour did you go for, and do you wish you'd chosen differently?

I've gone for Juniper Blue and i think it looks awesome, my previous was Manhattan Grey and i'm pretty happy with the choice.  The blue almost has a hint of purple about it!

No regrets, love the colour!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I went for the metallic red, because it's always been my favourite colour for a car and yet I'd never previously had that colour on a car within my 25+ years of motoring. Red, IMO,  is the one and only colour that looks good on any car (except maybe a funeral car). Enzo Ferrari was once quoted as saying that if you ask a child to draw a car, they will most likely colour it in red. I empathise completely.

Colour is such a personal, subjective, choice that you really shouldn't be asking others for advice IMO. I've noticed that primer grey has become very fashionable across all makes in recent years, but I personally hate it. Clearly, I'm wrong, because it's so popular! So my advice would be to completely ignore the trends, ignore everyone else's suggestions and pick the colour that YOU like! Enjoy the car when you get it. :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Extreme_One said:

I drove a 2021 ST for around 18 months, but a change of job had meant I've been driving an old pool car VW Polo for the last 6 months. 😆

I'm just picking my new car and going for a Corolla hatchback this time, but I can't quite decide which colour to go for.

I had the Obsidian blue ST, so am considering going for Obsidian blue again, but the Decuma Grey is quite appealing too!

What colour did you go for, and do you wish you'd chosen differently?

I started by looking at the actual colors available for the car I was interested in, and finding real-world examples to look at.

I have never liked white cars, until I saw a pearlescent white Lexus one day gleaming in the sun. I'm on my second pearlescent white car. It looks awesome, especially in contrast with the black details of the wheels and tailgate. I still think solid white looks awful, especially when I park mine next to a different manufacturer's white car. The Toyota pearlescent paint looks fantastic, no matter the lighting. It looks pure-white in overcast conditions, whereas other whites look dirty.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

I went for the metallic red, because it's always been my favourite colour for a car and yet I'd never previously had that colour on a car within my 25+ years of motoring. Red, IMO,  is the one and only colour that looks good on any car (except maybe a funeral car). Enzo Ferrari was once quoted as saying that if you ask a child to draw a car, they will most likely colour it in red. I empathise completely.

Colour is such a personal, subjective, choice that you really shouldn't be asking others for advice IMO. I've noticed that primer grey has become very fashionable across all makes in recent years, but I personally hate it. Clearly, I'm wrong, because it's so popular! So my advice would be to completely ignore the trends, ignore everyone else's suggestions and pick the colour that YOU like! Enjoy the car when you get it. :biggrin:

Me too - although we think the Scarlet Flare red looks dull unless clean and shiny.  We like bright cars - preferably red - and that is sadly lacking in Corolla range.  So we saved our pennies and plumped for the basic "pure" white.   We did covet the plain red of the "Hilti" fleet of Corolla TS company cars - unsure whether that is paint or a wrap.

When clean the Corolla looks good in every colour - I think.  But one thing to beware might be if /when it comes to touching in paint or heaven forbid repaint a panel.  I am told that pearlescent colours may be harder to match and necessitate the whole side painted instead of a wing or door etc. 

But I agree - ignore fashion and buy the colour you want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Red_Corolla said:

I too have the Red on my TS. One observation is that the undercoat is light grey so chips and scratches are hard to hide. I have a touch up kit, but my repair of a stone hit on the roof (three skips) may stop it rusting, but looks worse than the original damage in certain lights.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I went for the Obsidian Blue : had that colour before and it does look stunning in the sunshine!

Ordered on the 10th October, picking the 73 plate car up next Wednesday. 😄

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

2023-24 owners can share pictures here with their cars so we see how the different colours match the Corolla.
Last night I saw a 73 reg Corolla TS Excel in Decuma grey, what a beautiful combination specs + colour. On the website it does not look as good as in real life, and the night lights made it look even better. 👌 

• Like 1

Congrats on picking Obsidian Blue! It's a tough choice. I was about to post and put my vote in for the blue, as I used to have a little DS3 with a similarly 'nearly black looking' blue, but those 5 days a year we get of blisteringly hot UK sunshine made it worth the hours of polishing / washing as the metallic flake in the clear coat was stunning. 

Don't forget to factor in some garage time (if you can) to get it a good protective coating of wax or ceramic wax. Or if you're the lazy type (like most of my friends) have it booked in with your detailer for an initial protection layer to be applied, can go a long way 🙂  

And I'd recommend at least trying to get free mats or full tank of petrol from the dealer if you can, keep those carpets good and wallet on a diet as much as possible!  

• Like 1

Yeah I got free mats and half a tank of fuel.

As it's a company car I'm not going to pay for a protection coating, I'll not be able to claim for it! 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Extreme_One said:

Yeah I got free mats and half a tank of fuel.

As it's a company car I'm not going to pay for a protection coating, I'll not be able to claim for it! 🤣

oops, I missed the company car part. Well, in that case, drive it like you stole it!!!  hahaha 🙂  and claim back every mile you can get out of em'! 

• Haha 1

Sorry everybody but there is only one colour. SCARLET FLARE. It is an eye popper in the sun. Not that we get much sun in the UK. 😄

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links