Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Model Sub-Forums

SB1500

Hi there, a suggestion I’ve thought of today. 

within each Model sub-forum, it would be very handy if there were sub-sub-forums for each generation of that model.   For example, on the Avensis section having the original model, as it’s own sub forum. Then one for the mid 2000s model.  Then one for the 2011-15 models and one for the final model.   

I’ve seen this on some other communities online for cars and I think it would be hugely beneficial. 

for example, when I browse - just for leisure - the Avensis section today, more times than not it’s something about an older model, or different engine than mine.  Even for that one nameplate, there is such a variety of engines / issues / tips and experiences.   Being able to narrow it down to a specific shape model would probably make finding content easier for users of all skill levels and internet-searching capabilities. 

How likely is this to happen? 

• Like 1

I think it would be too much work for the mods (Well, frosty :laugh: ) to try and filter all the cars like that, and esp. for older cars with a relatively low post frequency, it would just get diluted even more. The main problem is we can't rely on every poster to put their post in the correct section (We had someone with a GR86 posting in the Yaris forum for instance :laugh: ).

Even in the old Yaris World, which was *specifically* for Yarisuseissieueses, they had different sections for each generation of Yaris and new people still tended to post in the top one, which was for Mk3s, even if they had Mk1s! :laugh: 

The forum could do with a better search system, as it can be a bit random what posts it finds, but TBH I usually just use Google and the site:toyotaownersclub.com modifier to search the forum so it's not that critical.

• Like 1

This has been raised before.

We would have 13 sub-forums for the Corolla/Corolla Cross, 5 for the Rav4, 8 for the Yaris/Yaris GR/Yaris GRMN/Yaris Cross/Yaris Verso, 3 for the Aygo/Aygo X, 4 for the Avensis/Avensis Verso, 6 for the Prius/Prius Plugin/Prius +, 5 for the Corolla Verso/Verso/Verso S, etc.

On the other side of the coin, we have had members having difficulties with the present structure of separate forums for each model.

Aside from the above, the moderating team of 2, who do this on a voluntary basis, wouldn't have the time to split the existing forums into the various generations .......

• Like 4

Fair enough, it’s a lot of sorting - for a forum that’s been online for so long - and voluntary mods. 

if there were more moderators who could potentially manage smaller sections and maybe work the backlog it might be possible but again, easy for me to suggest someone else do it.  

What about tags for each section that from the point on introduction on, could be assigned by those of us who would take the time to do it?   Possibly that would be as difficult to implement or not possible depending on whatever platform this is built on? 

some of my threads I’ll load on things like ‘BMW engine’ or ‘1WW’ to try and get things found in the future by owners of Auris / Verso or Google searchers to find my topics just to try and ensure the right people find it when they need it 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links