Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Big mileage 2.0 hybrid corolla

taxidriver50005

2 hours ago, shufman said:

It was the port injectors both times. 

That's interesting as the other 4 cars I know of have all had direct injector problems. 

12 hours ago, Talking Houbik said:

Just wonder .... if injectors are failing on the 2.0 despite in at least one case using VPower fuel - a contributing factor might (just MIGHT) be that the 2.0 works a lot less hard than maybe a 1.8.   And as such maybe the 2.0 will benefit from an occasional "Italian tune-up".  

For example my own car very rarely revs beyond 2000 rpm, despite driving swiftly.  This will be excacerbated by us enjoying the fuel economy.  Despite also very much enjoying the point and squirt nature of our 2.0, ours has an average reported as 57mpg since new (now >13000m).

Just a thought. 

To be fair I think 2.0 revs a little harder than 1.8 as engine revs a lot more freely. 

• 3 months later...

Well a friend of mine has just had a injector fail on his lexus es300h. 2.5 dynamic force motor so just big brother of corolla motor. A mere 102,000 miles... Has been quoted just on 3 grand at dealers to sort. 

Oh that's cylinder number 3 again so seems the same as 2.0 injector failures

• Sad 1

Imo it is very likely that something is wrong with the fuel in uk.
People disbelief about the quality of the fuels in England is poor, but I can tell you that it is a fact and anyone who knows his car well and fill up frequently at different places will notice the difference., engine noise , performance, consumption and knocking on cold starts.  Sadly these differences can be damaging to some engines and expense to repair. 1.8 seems like better option when we are talking about high miles and trade drives. 👍

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links