Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My Yaris cross. The first 2000miles

Primus1

I can’t believe we’ve had our cross nearly three months and covered 2000 miles, now I’ve got used to it I thought I’d give a short review ( oh no not another one🫣) , our first automatic, and it’s really easy to drive, my wife loves it, there are a few very minor gripes, why didn’t they make the two outer rear headrest like the centre one, the central armrest storage, or lack of it, are just a couple of things that spring to mind, the rear wiper that doesn’t come on if the front wipers are on and your reversing ( I thought it did, they all do, apparently not, ) , as I said , just minor gripes nothing to distract from the enjoyment of the car, I was initially worried about the noise, but I’ve said before it’s perfectly acceptable, pleased with the economy though I’ve yet to try it on a long run, but we’re going up to the Lake District at the end of the month but it’s dropping a bit now it’s getting colder, looking forward to the next 2000 miles, and I promise I won’t do another review 😁😄

• Like 8

Alan, please do.  Any review, albeit the same, just serve to conform trends.

• Like 3

Alan, I find the rear headrests restrict the rear view so I remove them and replace if I have a rear passenger, not a very good design 

• Like 3

I’m ok with the rear headrest and the view, years of driving vans with no rear view mirrors taught me to just use the side mirrors, so looking through the rear mirror doesn’t really restrict my view, if I removed them altogether I’d probably lose them

• Like 2

I reversed my car to park this evening and had my front wipers on Auto. On selecting reverse the rear wiper performed one wipe.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

I reversed my car to park this evening and had my front wipers on Auto. On selecting reverse the rear wiper performed one wipe.

Ooo, gonna have to check that 👍

• Like 2

I’ve also done 2000 miles in my cross excel and like the car except for rear suspension, it bangs and bobbles all over dealer checked all ok I have Falken tyres fitted can I ask are yours the same thanks

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dezzer21 said:

I’ve also done 2000 miles in my cross excel and like the car except for rear suspension, it bangs and bobbles all over dealer checked all ok I have Falken tyres fitted can I ask are yours the same thanks

Falkens tyres are known to be on the harder and noisier side.
There are made of plastic, not rubber 🫢.
There were posts before in Corolla forum on a fairly recent car with low miles the tyre thread got chipped off like broken stone peace, really bad.
If me, I will check pressure first and happily replace these with Goodyear touring tyres sooner than actual I need, they doesn’t last long either. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dezzer21 said:

Yes I have falken tyres, not a brand I’d choose, might change them next year for all seasons, I did find, however, the tyre pressures were way over recommended specs, adjusting them to the correct pressures made an improvement, can’t say I’ve noticed it crashing over bumps at the rear though…

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

My Yaris Cross, ('Sol' variant in Ireland), does that as well. 

• Like 1

Forgot to mention I like how everything seems to work well, as I’ve mentioned before my last car had the speed limit linked to the sign recognition and would adjust the speed accordingly, well that’s the theory, on my Journey to work each day, it always missed several signs and the limit sign would flash thinking you are exceeding the limit, although the Toyota system works differently, it also works flawlessly, it never misses a sign, yes, it sometimes thinks it’s on a different limit to the actual road, but this is because it hasn’t yet picked up a sign, it will eventually sort itself out, but I’m impressed, another thing is the kick activated boot opening, my last car had it too but only seemed to work in my garage again a bit hit and miss, not so the cross, it works when I swipe my foot under the boot every time, I can’t abide a feature that a car is supposed to have and it doesn’t work 😡😡..

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

How are you finding the interior rattles 😉

Can’t say I’ve noticed any 

On 10/6/2023 at 10:02 AM, Dezzer21 said:

Mine are Goodyear 

• Like 1

I find the ride/roadholding of the Cross to be of a very high standard.  No problems identified with tyres, wheels or suspension.  Everything seems to work well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/6/2023 at 9:01 PM, dannyboy413 said:

My Yaris Cross, ('Sol' variant in Ireland), does that as well. 

My 14 year old VW Golf does that but only if it's raining........

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 12:33 PM, Primus1 said:

Forgot to mention I like how everything seems to work well, as I’ve mentioned before my last car had the speed limit linked to the sign recognition and would adjust the speed accordingly, well that’s the theory, on my Journey to work each day, it always missed several signs and the limit sign would flash thinking you are exceeding the limit, although the Toyota system works differently, it also works flawlessly, it never misses a sign, yes, it sometimes thinks it’s on a different limit to the actual road, but this is because it hasn’t yet picked up a sign, it will eventually sort itself out, but I’m impressed, another thing is the kick activated boot opening, my last car had it too but only seemed to work in my garage again a bit hit and miss, not so the cross, it works when I swipe my foot under the boot every time, I can’t abide a feature that a car is supposed to have and it doesn’t work 😡😡..

There's a knack to the foot swipe.....after you swipe your foot under the boot...immediately step back slightly  ...works for me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bob66 said:

There's a knack to the foot swipe.....after you swipe your foot under the boot...immediately step back slightly  ...works for me.

Not like my last car, it looked like I was auditioning for riverdance…

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Wish boot was slightly bigger would have one in a heartbeat 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links