Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Door Sill Protectors.

Johnel

Rejecting the genuine Toyota scuff plates due to their ridiculous cost for my 2013 1.6 Auris, and finding that eBay offerings seemed to be mostly cheapo stuff, I came across a rather nice set from a company called Lockwood International. (Lockwoodinternational.co.uk)

They supplied four stainless steel sill protectors of their own manufacture for £31.10. and have similar for other Toyota models. Quite easy to fit, and I’m pleased with the end result. Due to their polished finish the reflections make them difficult to photograph, but here are before/after photos for front and rear.

Stitch - Front before & after.jpg

Stitch - Rear before & after.jpg

• Like 8

Ooh those are pretty smart; I like that, unlike the Toyota ones, they wrap over and actually protect the most vulnerable part of the Sill, i.e. the edge.

The Toyota ones are more for show than actual protection I feel.

How do you fix them to the sill?  Do they have a self adhesive backing or do you glue them on to the metal?

To answer your question, James, they have an adhesive backing.

On the reverse of each sill there is a twin row of tape and you just have to remove the backing and press the unit onto the car. To make sure everything had the best chance of adhesion I washed the door area, dried it thoroughly, and then gave it a final wipe over with a little isopropyl on a cloth. 

As there is some curvature at each end of the door area where they need to be placed  I moved the sills around to find the best 'flat' position and then marked it with a piece of masking tape. Then just peeled the backing off and gently placed them against the tape guide before giving a hard push down with a padded cloth. They do stick like you-know-what to a blanket, and there's no chance of sliding them around to get the fit right - hence the masking tape. I found that putting the rounded edge onto the body at about a 30 degree angle and then pushing down for full contact did the trick. (There's no adhesive tape along that edge so it helps final positioning)  

I agree with Cyker about the wrap around edges, they do look 'finished' for want of a better description, compared to the flat Toyota ones and they go well up to the interior trim too.

• Like 2

Must say they look very good and as they are easy to fit, I think I’ll get some for my car.

Cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links