Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A strange petrol leak

shemsu

Hi everyone,

(sorry for my bad english).

Today I find a petrol smell when reaching home. I have a leak coming from the cylinder head near the intake manifold, where there's a hole, without thread, that I never noticed. I 've made pictures.

If someone can tell me if that hole is supposed to have a plug, what is his fonction it will help a lot because I don't whant to burn !

Thanks.

culasse yaris admission.jpg

petrol leak on gearbox.jpg

Have no idea, best to get in touch with Toyota head office/dealer in your country or have a mechanic to look into it. 

• Like 1

That look like a hole into the intake port. Does the engine run OK still? I'd have thought the idle would be high/rough until you cover the hole with your finger.

I'd guess it would have been some vacuum take off there or the hole was just plugged up and the plug has just fallen out. Any loose pipes in the area?

• Like 1

The engine runs quite well. But there's no loose pipe in the area for a vacuum take off. That hole looks like it has no purpose here, maybe a plug is missing. That's why I ask other owners of this engine what's sitting in that place.

This area of the head cylinder is easy to see by tilting your head above the gearbox. No need to dismount.

You sure its fuel ? Looks more like coolant/oil to me, and you would not get that amount of fuel without knowing about it quickly (fuel is under high pressure) The intake is a vacuum, so nothing would leak out, if it had a hole in the intake it will run like a 3 legged dog

Edit, looks like the thermostat housing may be leaking and/or cracked

that bolthole is an unused hole for a ground point, it doesn't go into the intake

Click to enlarge

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

do you have a better pic of the gearbox area ?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links