Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Went over a bump...rattle ever since!

Stella86

Auris 2018, 30,950 miles.

Backstory: my husband went over a speed hump at 5 mph. He had a witness in the car to confirm this, after I rolled my eyes, said he went so slowly he rolled back 🤣

He said as he went over it, there was a bang and theres been a rattle ever since coming from the front middle/passenger side. Took it into a dealership as wondered if it might be the underplate but nothing wrong with that. I wondered what else it might be. Seems to rattle when generally driving but also on slight acceleration. But also sometimes not. Literally no rhyme or reason as to when it happens. Can also rattle when the engine kicks in. No effect noted on how it drives or anything.

We've only had it a month too 🙄 Thoughts welcome!

Can't say... What I'm thinking about is engine mounts? Lower engine mount? Maybe even transmission mount?

If the car is hybrid.
Perhaps you have a cat plate and after hitting it it went bend and now is touch the exhaustion. With engine runners the vibration from exhaust are transmitted into the cabin and those rattling noises. To confirm that start the car and let the engine finish it’s warming up cycles and charge the Battery then select ev mode and drive the car in ev only around the block and see if there are any ratios noises. 
Good luck 

Back in the Spring I drove 'into' a very large pothole at speed. From then on I had a small but persistent rattle. Checked everything I could think of and found nothing. Took most of the centre console apart, thinking that an electrical connector might be knocking against something solid. I found nothing out of place but took a screwdriver to the screws that hold the 'gear selector' mechanism (it's a hybrid) in place. All four needed half a turn to tighten. I put the centre console back together and the rattle had disappeared. 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links