Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Add horn sound when remote locking and unlocking car

2009joe

Hello there Toyota world quick question. Is it possible to get my car to sound the horn a bit when remote locking and unlocking it. My last VW group car gave the 2 beeps when unlocking it and 1 when locking it .tbh not sure if other way about but never the less is this possible with the t27 avensid 2014 .threw tech stream 

• Like 1

Hi Joe,

You posted the same in question 2020

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/195836-2014-toyota-avensis-20d4d-make-horn-sound-when-remote-locking-and-unlocking/

I would have thought if it's programmable on your model the information would be readily available by now. Have you spoken to Toyota to ask if it is possible to do this.😄

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, 2009joe said:

Hello there Toyota world quick question. Is it possible to get my car to sound the horn a bit when remote locking and unlocking it. My last VW group car gave the 2 beeps when unlocking it and 1 when locking it .tbh not sure if other way about but never the less is this possible with the t27 avensid 2014 .threw tech stream 

Joe, different manufacturers wire and setup  their cars differently for some of the functions. It would need a master of electronics to wire the horn to sound when arming the alarm. If Techstream cannot do it, then the system has not been designed to do it, unless I am wrong! You may need to go aftermarket/third party. Techstream usually confirms every module fitted to the car

Do other Toyota/Lexus models around the world have audio confirmation, when arming the alarm?  

I remember when I had my Mk1 pre-facelift T22 Avensis, it didn't have deadlocking. Toyota added that to the Facelift T22, and the T25/T27 models. Toyota (Avensis) didn't have window close function when locking the car, like Vauxhall does.     

2 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Joe,

https://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/195836-2014-toyota-avensis-20d4d-make-horn-sound-when-remote-locking-and-unlocking/

I would have thought if it's programmable on your model the information would be readily available by now. Have you spoken to Toyota to ask if it is possible to do this.😄

Did you search the subject and found Joe's earlier post or Just remembered it? I would have found the former.

2 hours ago, Mjolinor said:

Why is it not illegal for cars to do that in the UK?

It is legal. My neighbours Mercedes does it, so does many other cars that tend to be German.

1 hour ago, Konrad C said:

It is legal. My neighbours Mercedes does it, so does many other cars that tend to be German.

That doesn't mean it is legal. I think UK accepts EU type approval so maybe that is why but I still reckon that sounding the horn after hours is illegal and the fact that the car does it outside your control does not make it legal. I think that reversing beepers are also illegal between 11:30 pm and 7 am.

I don't make the rules I am just another unfortunate slob that has to make sense of them.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Bper said:

Hi Joe,

no one helped me on that one just thought id ask again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2009joe said:

no one helped me on that one just thought id ask again 

• and whats so funny bernard foy about that question i asked 

11 hours ago, 2009joe said:
  • and whats so funny bernard foy about that question i asked 

Joe, I understand why you tried again after a few years. Things could change and answers may become available. Sometimes I have found answers to forum questions that were never replied to. I might reply with a result. 

• Like 1

I've mucked about with the settings on that many different Toyotas via Techstream and Carista now that I forget what is and isn't customisable on what 🙂....but I have a vague recollection that there was a way to enable an audible beep for the alarm on the T27 Avensis. Don't quote me on that though. I've never enabled it with any of my cars as I live in a quiet cul-de-sac and I suspect it would annoy the neighbours!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yossarian247 said:

I've mucked about with the settings on that many different Toyotas via Techstream and Carista now that I forget what is and isn't customisable on what 🙂....but I have a vague recollection that there was a way to enable an audible beep for the alarm on the T27 Avensis. Don't quote me on that though. I've never enabled it with any of my cars as I live in a quiet cul-de-sac and I suspect it would annoy the neighbours!

I must look into it a bit more threw tech stream .tbh the beeps are not that loud to annoy only one it's small beeps not standing on the horn ones.plus it's handy when parking in a big carpark and can find the car again .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links