Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

KPH to MPH

Bevster

Hi all. 

I have just bought a 2009 1.33 VVT i TR petrol Euro4. The odo is set to KPH & I have tried to change to MPH having googled & researched. There’s so much conflicting information and I’ve tried everything without success. 
Is it possible to change on this model? 
Thank you 🙏🏻 

• Like 1

On a 2000 Yaris a button the instermant cluster chaged it from MPH to KPH it was a digital speedo seperate button to trips/milage button.

• Like 1

It was definitely much easier on the Mk1; IIRC on the Mk2 it was some stupid procedure involving pressing trip counter stalk/button until its display cycled to <something> then holding it down until the units changed, although I may be confusing it with the procedure for changing the instrument brightness...

It might also have been the button that cycles through e.g. mpg, distance etc., but either way involved poking it until it was on a specific display (One that can't be reset like Odo or temp) then holding it down.

Very unintuitive!

Also, only the pre-2010 UK-spec ones could change between mph and kph; Euro and Irish ones were stuck on kph only IIRC, and 2010 onwards and USA ones had dials.

Good luck and enjoy the car - It has the most practical interior of all 4 generations of Yaris! But keep an eye on the oil level...

• Like 4

Thank you everyone. 
Cyker it looks like I’m stuck on KPH:

“Also, only the pre-2010 UK-spec ones could change between mph and kph; Euro and Irish ones were stuck on kph only IIRC, and 2010 onwards and USA ones had dials”

• Like 1

On 10/14/2023 at 10:28 PM, Bper said:

Have a look at this video.Hope this helps👍

https://youtube.com/shorts/dev9P8zggb0?si=wtW44zldQt9r02PW

Hi thanks Bper. I don’t have these controls on my steering wheel. I have worked out how to get to ODO but cannot seem to toddle. I can see in the display background there is an option for mph and the other settings are in miles.

not giving up 

• Like 2

Hi Beverley

Have you tried.

Use the right hand button to switch to display odometer (ie not trip meters A/B.
Press the button again and hold for a few seconds until the display changes

• Like 2

On 10/15/2023 at 4:17 AM, Bevster said:

Thank you everyone. 
Cyker it looks like I’m stuck on KPH:

“Also, only the pre-2010 UK-spec ones could change between mph and kph; Euro and Irish ones were stuck on kph only IIRC, and 2010 onwards and USA ones had dials”

Ohh, is yours an import one...?

Irish ones definitely have only kph and everything else is in metric. (My spreadsheet has to work harder now to convert figures to Imperial!).

2009 makes it a mk2, i take you have the digital dash (the uk got both the digital and analogue dash depending on spec)

To change from kph to mph or vice versa, turn the headlights OFF - push the trip meter reset button for more than one second when the odometer is displayed

If the ODO is in Miles, it's a UK car, If the ODO is in KM it's a import these can't be changed but the speed can

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links