Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Minor rattle cured

jthspace

The only real annoying rattle my 22 Yaris has (had) came from somewhere in the front passenger area. Other than general booming in general.

Traced it to the glove box lid. Although there are two spring loaded dampers touching the lid when closed, I added some small 1cm round sticky pads that you stick on cupboard doors to the areas that the dampers touch as well as to the corners.  Recent 150+ mile trip to Bristol on all sorts of roads was rattle-free. 

When I added a spare wheel to the car I lined the boot well with 5mm sound deadening sheet but may take off the rear trim and stick some on the internal metalwork. Trim has to come out when I fit the reversing sensors to get to the wiring. Really miss the beep beep beeeepppp!

• Like 3

Hi, I had a rattle with the glove box too and the passenger front pillar which was caused by the dash cam wire not being fitted properly. It was fixed by a Toyota dealership. 

Truly amazing how small everyday items can stop rattles in a car. Most of the time it's very little cost to resolve but is it to much to ask manufacturers to do this properly considering the cost of new vehicles.😡

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jthspace said:

The only real annoying rattle my 22 Yaris has (had) came from somewhere in the front passenger area. Other than general booming in general.

Traced it to the glove box lid. Although there are two spring loaded dampers touching the lid when closed, I added some small 1cm round sticky pads that you stick on cupboard doors to the areas that the dampers touch as well as to the corners.  Recent 150+ mile trip to Bristol on all sorts of roads was rattle-free. 

When I added a spare wheel to the car I lined the boot well with 5mm sound deadening sheet but may take off the rear trim and stick some on the internal metalwork. Trim has to come out when I fit the reversing sensors to get to the wiring. Really miss the beep beep beeeepppp!

Hi Jeff,

Can you make a picture for me please 🙂, I want to take a look and not sure where that is 

Thanks in advance 

1 hour ago, Mushu84 said:

Hi Jeff,

Can you make a picture for me please 🙂, I want to take a look and not sure where that is 

Thanks in advance 

Away but back in a couple of weeks. Will do so when I return. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a photo as promised.

The second pad on the left and the first pad on the right top edge are the ones that connect with the spring loaded dampers in the top of the glove box.  All of the others are placed where there is flexibility in the plastic lid.  Don't know if its overkill, but the rattle has stopped!

IMG_7067.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/25/2023 at 2:13 PM, jthspace said:

Here is a photo as promised.

The second pad on the left and the first pad on the right top edge are the ones that connect with the spring loaded dampers in the top of the glove box.  All of the others are placed where there is flexibility in the plastic lid.  Don't know if its overkill, but the rattle has stopped!

IMG_7067.JPG

Thank you for the picture makes sense now

Going to try this. The rattling is starting to drive me nuts. Only seems to happen at certain speeds. Thanks so much.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links