Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Delay Unlocking

Hussainh

Hi All

I have a 2014 Toyota Auris Excel Hybrid, everything works well just one slight issue when I unlock the car (Fob or Keyless) it clicks twice or three times before it finally unlocks. So in short it won't unlock straight away it takes 30 seconds+ or so. When locking it locks straight away.

Any hints/tips to fix this?

Same for all doors? Do some unlock, some dont?

Maybe a weak Battery. Does it lock/unlock fine when the car is running?

• Like 1

Usually, if you're close enough to the vehicle, you can hear the "click" of the lock solenoid. If you hear that but the door doesn't reliably unlock, the problem is much more likely to be the locking mechanism in the door rather than either the transmitter or receiver. Check this by using the electronic locking buttons within the car to see if they reliably lock and unlock the doors. If not, sometimes all that's required is a little lubrication on the locking mechanism. Also try the spare key and see if you have the same problem. Check the Battery in the key fob👍

• Like 2

This ^^

As Bob said - it's most likely a sticking mechanism or actuator. 

• Like 2

Its for all doors, it just delays 

5 hours ago, furtula said:

Same for all doors? Do some unlock, some dont?

Maybe a weak battery. Does it lock/unlock fine when the car is running?

Yes same for all doors

Have you sat in the car and operated the doors on both key fob and drivers side switch to see if there is any difference in unlocking delay. Has this just happened or have you noticed this before. Does it happen every time or intermittently.?

• Like 1

So this only happens when I unlock the car from outside using the fob or by touching the handle. When I'm sat in the car and press the unlock/lock button on the driver side door, they happen straight away. I will try the passenger side and the other key fob to see if anything changes. I'll make a video to show you what I mean.

Thanks guys.

Not sure if you can hear the click but you can see the delay when I unlock it compared when I lock the car. This happens for all 4 doors so one doesn't open before the other. When sat inside the car, if I lock or unlock using the driver side door controls - it does both straight away.

If you sat in the car , has the car been set in ready mode? 
If yes and you don’t have any delays might point towards low voltage 12v auxiliary Battery. When this happens there are always some abnormalities with any accessories that uses 12v power, door locks, power steering, electric parking brake etc. 

• Like 2

I agree with Tony it does point towards a low auxiliary Battery. Do you get the same results if you use the spare key as well. Have you changed the fob batteries since you have owned the car.

It could be a receiver problem but try the basics first and then check the auxiliary Battery.👍

• Like 2

Thanks guys, I did change the fob Battery but will try the spare fob I have and see if its the same then likely points to a 12 Vault which I don't think has been changed.

• Like 2

Also guys wondering if I can just ask another question, is there a setting where when you start to drive or when you put the car into D the doors automatically lock?

I don't believe that function is available. Why not hit the lock button when you get in.👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links