Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris hybrid anniversary

TonyHSD

Hi all, 

It looks like today my car turns 8 years old in my possession.
On this date back in 2015 me and my family made a wonderful  trip to Leicestershire and found our new( old) car in a small independent used car dealer. It was like unwanted one, back then diesels were the norm. Bought it cheap as chips and had a good discount too to accommodate new brakes and a new set of tyres. What a good motor, long years of services with almost no trouble at all and minimal maintenance costs. Well done Toyota. 👍

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 13

HAPPY BUYING CAR DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🙃🤪😁

Love the Dimond cut wheel on white, and OMG you have camo on it 😛 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Tony and thank you for all the knowledge you shared.

• Thanks 1

Happy anniversary and well-deserved. It’s been interesting and informative watching it get so far. A nice contrast to cars being treated as almost disposable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice car and a credit to you!

I bought my first Toyota back in 2014, an Auris 1.6 Valvematic, but subsequently always wished I'd gone for the hybrid version instead. 

• Thanks 1

Happy car anniversary!  I got my hand-me-down Fiat Panda in 2015 around this date. It never made it as long sadly.  But you bought a Toyota, with one of its best drivetrains / technologies, and it shows! I'll be going Hybrid way in the future. It's the way forward I believe.

Here's to many more years and miles for you in it. Always enjoy reading your replies to my threads as well, so very glad you're a forum member and fellow owner! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for sharing @TonyHSD . It's a joy to see how you keep this thing rolling year after year in tip top condition. 🥳

Kudos to you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happy CarAnniversary, any near future plans to change or is the plan to see how long you can get from it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all for your response and kind words. 
Been a pleasure to own and drive this car and also to share any experience and learn new stuff here on the forum.
The plan is indeed to keep it rolling for some more time or at least until become uneconomical to maintain or repair.
I wish everyone many trouble free miles with your Toyota’s too. 🛣🚙

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 5:52 PM, yossarian247 said:

Nice car and a credit to you!

I bought my first Toyota back in 2014, an Auris 1.6 Valvematic, but subsequently always wished I'd gone for the hybrid version instead. 

Same wish I’d bought one back in 2016 but my lack of hybrid education scared me into getting a normal petrol after 20 years of diesel 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eddiefh said:

Same wish I’d bought one back in 2016 but my lack of hybrid education scared me into getting a normal petrol after 20 years of diesel 

With me it was partly a case of being short of money, I could just afford to buy a Valvematic for cash but the hybrid version was slightly more expensive and I didn't want to borrow. Also at the time I worked just a few minutes down the road so hardly covered any miles. Of course sod's law being what it is, soon after buying the car I was offered a better paid job which involved a long commute. So, not only would I have been able to afford the hybrid version after all but the improved fuel consumption would have saved more money!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Toyota knows how to make dependable engines and transmission. Their hybrid technology is combination of the best techs.

No need to worry about charging station or flooded Chinese junk BEV. They may not still exist even before warranty is over. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links