Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

actuator removal...

valentino46

Well, a quick review of my problem ... actuator failed ,june 2023. part unavailable no  46300-05031 . this part only made for 3 months  until 46300-05032  was fitted.  main dealer says they cannot fit the new part number. so must get the original which is not available as tooling has been dismantled and will not be ready until 2024 ??  i am left with a one owner ,46000 mile FSH car i cannot sell or use ,. my question is   IS IT A  REASONABLE JOB TO REMOVE THE EPB SO I CAN  COMPARE WITH A 2ND HAND ONE ,AND /OR REPAIR THE OLD ONE . Just been informed that the MAIN DEALER who sold me the new car ,and who have been trying very hard to get me sorted, have been un franchised by Toyota .. so im on my own now ,, no support from a new dealer who has no loyalty to me . HOPPING SOMEONE CAN HELP THANKYOU

Hi Michael,

I believe this is the parking break actuator 46300-05031. They are available 2nd hand so ask the dealer to obtain one and fit it so you can use the car. It's not unreasonable to ask them to do this, the car must have come with a warranty.However when did you buy it.

Depending if a warranty is available, push for them to do this. It's a long time for the car to be off the road till 2024.

Failing that return the car for a refund or ask them to supply another car till they can get the new part.👍

Thanks for the reply, but i just want to know if anyone has removed the epb ,and if the later one CAN be fitted ........

I read somewhere that second hand (once used on car) EPB unit can not be "introduced" to another car even if part share same code. If I remember correctly unit was functioning but warning lights will stay ON. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links