Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Change of phone with Toyoya Smart Connect

asinrutee

Just a heads up, I have just upgraded my iPhone, when I went to add it to my car, no problem, it went straight on. I then went to delete my old phone this wasn't so easy, because it was an identifier for my profile on the car, I couldn't delete it unless I was logged in to my profile on the car. No other way to delete it. Luckily I still had my old phone, I had deleted the data, so I had to fire it up again, reconnect the bluetooth and login to my profile, I could then add the new phone to my profile and delete the old phone from the car. So be aware before getting rid of your old phone if it is an identifier on you profile. (an identifier is the item the car uses to know who is driving and to load their profile)

• Like 1

When i changed my phone I downloaded the app to my new phone and logged in with my account. Then went to the car and added the new phone via bluetooth and deleted the old one.

Profile didn't seem to be affected doing it that way.  I guess it’s a fallback in case your original phone is stolen or no longer available. 

I did the same, but it wouldn’t load my profile because I didn’t have my old phone with me. I couldn’t delete my old phone because it was the identifier for my profile and until the profile was loaded it wouldn’t let me delete it. My wife’s profile loaded as normal because her phone is her identifier. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links