Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My 2010 Purplish/Mauvish 1.0L petrol/manual IQ Thread

glimp

11 hours ago, Barkley said:

Is the only difference that they ‘sweep’ in the direction of travel - like the Audi’s?  Or are they brighter or a different colour.  
PS There’s nothing wrong in being a tart - my experience with credit cards proves that!

As far as I know the only 2 differences are...

1. They're black when not illuminated.

2. They 'sweep'. (appealing to the tart in me) 🙂

Until they arrive I have no idea how bright or dim they are. As for colour, they're orange!

14 hours ago, Dutchrav said:

Those indicators are good quality, we have same kind on our Corolla.

So you're a tart too 🧁

I have PSD (Car Personalise Disease) and already beyond treatment.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dutchrav said:

I have PSD (Car Personalise Disease) and already beyond treatment.. 

Is this forum your support group?  😂

There’s really a great deal of temptation, but whilst I was planning to rip out the existing TNS, after a day of using it I abandoned the plan - it might be old, but the quality is superb, Toyota really knew what they were doing!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 11/5/2023 at 4:52 PM, glimp said:

I just bought a pair of these dynamic LED turn indicators for the door mirrors, because I'm a tart...

image.thumb.png.66af3ef119f75f2b2572fc7130faee79.png

ALIEXPRESS LINK

These arrived today. 7 days, from China to my house - impressed.

Easy to fit (30 mins). Weirdly, one of the 3 screw holes on the LH light unit is in the wrong place, so it's held on (quite adequately) with just the other two screws.

The originals have a bit of 'draught excluder' weatherproofing foam taped along one edge, but the new ones don't, so I cut some to size and did a DIY job of it.

I like the black look...

image.thumb.png.32058f4b9165f49894775202f3aa7826.png

Here's one in operation (it's mine)...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

They're really smart, love the blacked out look, great price for a nice subtle change as well.

Tart is a much underused word imo :thumbup:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Shared said:

They're really smart, love the blacked out look, great price for a nice subtle change as well.

Tart is a much underused word imo :thumbup:

Tarts Assemble!

image.png.56e9d24c8736e3c7eb2de988d9a3942f.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hopefully the final job (for a while) has been done on my iQ. Just in time for the cold weather to arrive!

A short while ago I had the driver's side gearbox oil seal renewed. Lo & behold, I then noticed oil on the driveway from the passenger side gearbox oil seal. That's now been fixed too!.

Fingers crossed the gearbox oil doesn't find a 3rd way of escaping!

🤞

In a way, I'm glad it's happened, because I wanted to renew the gearbox oil anyway. 70k miles is enough for any oil, even in a 'sealed for life' system, imho.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I haven't updated this thread for over 3 months, because I do less to the car during the winter.

Having owned my iQ/go-kart-with-a-hood for about 6 months, it's about time I sang its praises. I absolutely LOVE this little car. I know it's 14 years old and it's covered more than 70,000 miles, but it's my go-to vehicle every time I leave the house. It really doesn't feel like an old car at all. Why on earth did Toyota stop production? Maybe adding electric motors to create a hybrid and/or a big Battery to create an electric version wasn't possible in such a small package, but who cares? Not me! I'm more than happy with my 50+mpg. My flashy, fast sports GT is just sitting there, gathering dust, poor thing.

My most recent 'upgrade' was to cut a piece of self adhesive black foam (draft excluder) and stick it to the trim behind the rear seat belt buckle - no more tap-tap-tapping as you drive along. I've only done it on one side, because the other buckle stays in its holder!

image.thumb.png.6e21fd023d38c68ec5afaef3e9d64690.png

• Like 3

I agree - great little cars.

I think of mine as my mini Lexus!

A lot of similar trim and features, especially on the later IQ2.

Speaker replacements made a big difference... for me.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links