Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

MY T or MyToyota tracker function

JonathanP

Out of interest since I had my current Prius it has the option in the app to show the current location etc.
When I had a quick look for insurance on a BZ4X (just to check the price wasn't crazy) on QuoteMeHappy they have the option for a 'tracker' which does bring the premium down.
My question is, do the insurance companies see a factory fitted location tracker as being ok for the insurance as it's not on the huge list of options and I'm surprised that it doesn't have an option for 'factory fitted' only 'other tracker'

It does make me realise that my Prius insurance could have been a bit cheaper, but at the same time you would expect the insurance companies to know what is factory fitted on a car.
How long before you have to ensure that any 'safety' feature is selected as by default the insurance company will act dumb on what is and isn't included on the car?

I posted the topic without changing the title to reflect the 'tracker'. I can't see how to change it. Can a site admin change it to something more appropriate?

It is reasonable to expect an insurance company to have knowledge of what is factory  fitted on a particular model of car.  This also means that a proposer must state the correct model for the insurer to know what is fitted.  Some insurers ask if any alarms/trackers have been fitted, apart from factory fitted OE.  If one has any doubts about what the insurer may assume, it is best to specifically state what is fitted during the proposal.

As far as I'm aware, the MyT app's tracking function isn't a security tracker, and doubt whether insurers will consider it as such. Presumably insurers will be looking for something that has been tested by Thatcham and is classed as a security device.

Topic moved to Toyota MyT/MyToyota apps.

I discussed this with LV. They do not regard a manufacturer's spying device as a tracker from an insurance point of view. Other insurance companies may differ, but discounts on motor insurance are becoming like hen's teeth.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links