Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Headlight Bulb

Bper

I understand that the subject of replacement headlight bulbs for the Auris has been discussed many times from previous posts due to the poor light output when night driving.

However, I asked Toyota this morning and they advised an HIR2 CVU 12v 55w OPT (OPT - Opti White).

I have just had a look through the owners manual and the light bulb listed under Maintenance Data is Halogen headlights : 55w Type A. Under type A - halogen bulbs. I'm assuming that the Opti white is significantly brighter than the original.

Is this bulb still the best available today or is there a better one available that would not lead to a fail if picked up on an MOT?

Can those who have successfully changed their headlamp bulbs and seen a significant difference in the light output please give me their recommendations. Thank you.

The Toyota Optiwhite bulbs are made by Philips, and their version is sold as the Philips Xtreme Vision Pro 150.

Could also have a look at the Oxfam Night Breaker 200, (Osram's other brand) Ring xenon 150, Elta Vision Pro, (Elta's other brand) Lucas Lightbooster, etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Any non Longlife HIR2 bulbs are brighter than the OEM Philips LL.  You can choose from OSRAM standard, xtreem vision, Hella Standard, Boschbasic, or GE.  Don't buy things that claim whiter or with any blue stickers around it. They are dimmer.  The standard is 1870 lumens, the LL is 1340 lumens. You can check it in their website (philips or Osram).  Other brands may also have the specs.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links