Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

AVENSIS T27 - Stronger rear suspension spring

Grb33

Hello.

I have a Toyota Avensis Saloon 1.8 2016 (last facelift). It has 200,000 km and I don't know if the suspension has ever been replaced (it's probably original). Additionally, I have an LPG installation with a large cylinder, so this is an additional +/- 75 kg in place of the spare wheel.

I was looking for reinforced rear springs but unfortunately no manufacturer does it. After a long search, I think I found an alternative. Rear springs from the TOYOTA RAV3 III 2.0 model.

Checking the catalogs, the dimensions are actually almost the same. For the RAV4 the wire is a little thicker and they are a little longer:

AVENIS (SACHS 994 528):
- Length [mm]: 292
- Diameter [mm]: 13.5
- Outer diameter [mm]: 126

RAV4 (SACHS 994 162):
- Length [mm]: 303
- Diameter [mm]: 14.3
- Outer diameter [mm]: 126

What do you think about it?

Edited by Grb33
I added the spring numbers
  • Like 1

Yes. But I guess all the manufacturers got "offended" and don't produce anything for this model except replacements for the original and lowering springs.

Or maybe it's just about my market (Poland)

Same in Estonia (and I think everywhere in EU)! And I think to swap springs to "non conformant" springs is not even legal. 

On 10/27/2023 at 2:22 PM, Grb33 said:

Yes. But I guess all the manufacturers got "offended" and don't produce anything for this model except replacements for the original and lowering springs.

Or maybe it's just about my market (Poland)

I think the spring assisters such as Stephen suggested are pretty much universal as opposed to being model specific, the general consensus seems to be that are effective though it's also said that they can shorten the life of the spring due to forces being transferred, maybe an idea to buy new standard springs and fit assisters to those ?

Anyway here's a couple of UK companies that will ship to Poland, I think Grayston have a decent reputation amongst the caravan towing fraternity, and I would buy from somewhere like that if I were buying them.

Note that Grayson state that these are not intended for permanent fixture.

https://www.advantage-motorsport.co.uk/grayston-coil-spring-assisters-pair.html

https://www.tridenttowing.co.uk/products/grayston-engineering-ge13-spring-assister-18mm-25mm

Alternatively, you could just go MAD :biggrin:

suspension.JPG

Edited by Shared
ETA: Extra info & image.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links