Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Faulty code hilux 2016

Ra101

Hello! I have problem with my hilux 2016 
2gd-ftv 
I get faulty code p1229 Fuel over-feed) and limpmode. 
Have any body have this problem? 
What cause this problem? 

System Over Pressure - P1229 Code - General

Fuel System Over Pressure

OBD-II code P1229 represents a problem with the pressure of your Toyota's fuel system.

Shop OEM fuel pumps here.

Fuel must come through lines at an ideal pressure to keep your engine running properly. A fault in the system can cause the system to over fuel and increase pressure beyond the ideal range. The fuel system on your Toyota is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator and most problems with over-fueling will come from this part or wiring to it. When there is a problem with pressure in the system, a trouble code from the vehicle'sb ECM is stored; when the problem is too much pressure, the dashboard will illuminate the SES or check engine light to indicate that code P1229 has been stored in your vehicle's ECM.

The most common causes of this code are:

Defective fuel pressure regulator

Fuel pressure regulator stuck open

Faulty wiring/fuel pump wiring

Faulty ECM

The symptoms of a defective fuel pressure regulator usually include a lack of fuel pressure, but it has been known to also increase fuel pressure instead. Much of the time, if your system is overloaded with fuel, the regulator is stuck open -- this causes the engine to become flooded with fuel, resulting in poor performance and backfiring. Another common culprit is the wiring for the fuel pump. If all other problems have been determined to not be at fault, it is possible, but unlikely, that the ECM is faulty. Some problems of a faulty ECM include stalling, loss of power, and erratic shifting for automatics.

2 hours ago, Bper said:

System Over Pressure - P1229 Code - General

Fuel System Over Pressure

OBD-II code P1229 represents a problem with the pressure of your Toyota's fuel system.

Shop OEM fuel pumps here.

Fuel must come through lines at an ideal pressure to keep your engine running properly. A fault in the system can cause the system to over fuel and increase pressure beyond the ideal range. The fuel system on your Toyota is controlled by the fuel pressure regulator and most problems with over-fueling will come from this part or wiring to it. When there is a problem with pressure in the system, a trouble code from the vehicle'sb ECM is stored; when the problem is too much pressure, the dashboard will illuminate the SES or check engine light to indicate that code P1229 has been stored in your vehicle's ECM.

The most common causes of this code are:

Defective fuel pressure regulator

Fuel pressure regulator stuck open

Faulty wiring/fuel pump wiring

Faulty ECM

The symptoms of a defective fuel pressure regulator usually include a lack of fuel pressure, but it has been known to also increase fuel pressure instead. Much of the time, if your system is overloaded with fuel, the regulator is stuck open -- this causes the engine to become flooded with fuel, resulting in poor performance and backfiring. Another common culprit is the wiring for the fuel pump. If all other problems have been determined to not be at fault, it is possible, but unlikely, that the ECM is faulty. Some problems of a faulty ECM include stalling, loss of power, and erratic shifting for automatics.

DId you know location of fuel pressute regulator? On the fuelpump or om the rail ? I have like 4900hpa and Max is 4500hpa fuel. Engine light come when i revs up snd let it go to idle

The fuel pressure regulator is located near the fuel rail, either attached directly to one end or mounted on the firewall a very short distance away. Even if there are two fuel rails like on a V6 or V8 engine, there’s usually just one fuel pressure regulator to serve both.

The fuel pressure regulator is constructed of a metal housing fitted securely to the fuel rail. The fuel pressure regulator restricts the flow of fuel exiting through the fuel rail, then releases unused gas into the fuel return line.

The diaphragm in the fuel pressure regulator can become stuck or damaged, either building too much pressure at the fuel line or not enough to keep the Toyota Hilux's engine running well.

The only solution is fuel pressure regulator replacement. Some engines require several hours of disassembly to access the fuel pressure regulator, inflating the cost of repair significantly.

Toyota Hilux fuel pressure regulator replacement should be thoroughly diagnosed as problems like faulty fuel injectors or a failing fuel pump that can mimic fuel pressure regulator failure .

I have seen they change fuelpump when p1229 came up. But how will i go a head to location problem? 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links