Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

can you facelift a t27?

rashidschlad

Hi all hope you’re well. My father has a 2011 avensis 2.0 diesel and it’s a pre facelift version. I wanted to know if it was possible to change the lights out to the facelift model as in my opinion they look so much better. I wanted to know if anyone has tried it and what their results were? even if I can’t change the front end I would be happy enough t changing the rear lights if possible. If someone could tell me what parts would be required other than new bumpers and lights as I have no clue where to start a project like this, it’s something i’ve never done before. Many TIA 🙂

• Like 1

I don't think It is posible, at least nota easy. You'll hace to real with:

- Electrical conections and CAN BUS

- Bumper, fender, hood and trunk are different and I gess the way the are fixed is also different.

• Like 2

Maybe  easier to buy a newer model, probably cheaper too 😊

• Like 3

I suspect even if it was possible to locate parts on a minor facelift the cost would be considerably. As @Tønnes above has said it would be easier to buy a newer model. Failing that keep the car as it is and enjoy it.:smile:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tønnes said:

Maybe  easier to buy a newer model, probably cheaper too 😊

the one with the last of the toyota engines i would advise to 

On 11/3/2023 at 12:12 AM, rashidschlad said:

I wanted to know if it was possible to change the lights

I haven't done it, but surely it can be done. The chassis of the facelift model is the same. Only the bumpers and front grille are different. But they can also be attached to the pre-facelift model.

The (halogen) headlight bulbs are also the same, except the facelift model has drl. Pre-fl model has no wiring for drl's (place for drl relay exists).

I think the rear lights are just plug and play...

Back to the reality: the easiest way is to buy a facelift model if you want the car look like one.

• Like 1

On 11/4/2023 at 8:34 AM, avetoy said:

Back to the reality: the easiest way is to buy a facelift model if you want the car look like one.

And it might be easier to find a bargain diesel in Greater London area because of ULEZ. Also you need to inform insurance! 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links