Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3000miles already

Primus1

Speedo just clicked over to 3k miles, I can’t believe I’ve done that much mileage since July 15 when I picked it up, still love driving it though, something about driving it in queuing traffic in electric mode gives a feeling of smug satisfaction as others use up their fuel ( ev,s don’t count obviously) ,one thing I have noticed now the dark nights are here, the auto high beam isn’t as intuitive as my last car ( ford puma) it used to sense street lighting and dip high beam, this one doesn’t, it doesn’t dip in a few other places where my other car did , the ford system worked better with some things than the Toyota does, they’re lagging behind a bit there, still, they’re ( hopefully) way ahead in the reliability stakes, so I can put up with a few minor niggles…another thousand miles awaits..

• Like 6

Done 2300 miles in mine. I said many times, it's the best packaged small car in the world. 79.6 mpg on a 88m round trip in summer, equates to about 74mpg. 83.9 mpg on a 17 miles city drive back from the dealer, about 78mpg (minus approx 7% computer reading).

• Like 4

Yeah I find the auto dip very primitive; Tried it a few times but I'm much much better and faster than it is so it doesn't get used.

I know what you mean about crawling in traffic - There's something bizarrely cathartic about just stop-start rolling along at low-speed on electric only :biggrin: 

But I also like giving it the beans and letting that 3-pot give it's dakkety roar :laugh:  I think I'd miss that on a full EV.

This way I get the best of both worlds! :biggrin: 

• Like 5

Just over 7100 miles since 30th April. These holidays are piling the miles on. Mind you, never bought it to look pretty on the drive. It has a job to do, with about another 1500 miles to go on by the end of the month. The first service is going to come after about 9-10 months. Hey ho.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

Yeah I find the auto dip very primitive; Tried it a few times but I'm much much better and faster than it is so it doesn't get used.

I know what you mean about crawling in traffic - There's something bizarrely cathartic about just stop-start rolling along at low-speed on electric only :biggrin: 

But I also like giving it the beans and letting that 3-pot give it's dakkety roar :laugh:  I think I'd miss that on a full EV.

This way I get the best of both worlds! :biggrin: 

Thing is, I’m the type of person that, if it has the gadget fitted, then it ought to work properly ( although to Toyota, it does work properly), Ford did it much better, 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links