Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Mk1 2002 radio stations & clock showing but no sound

ffc

I wondered if you knew a quick fix for the original fitted radio/cd player.

All working perfectly, then suddenly after radio playing for about 20 minutes the sound would stop and not turn back on.

All the stations were showing but no sound. Tried CD and the same with that. Following day it was okay but cut out again.

Now it wont make any sound at all, but stations still available and clock has worked throughout.

Any ideas where to look first. If it was a simple fuse, surely the clock and stations wouldn't appear?

Thank you.

either the radio has died or you have a blown speaker that's shutting down the amplifier chip, cost wise throw a used one in it or go aftermarket but avoid the no name Chinese junk

Although not a Yaris (an Aygo instead), this thread may help

The mk1 Yaris radio is a 2 part design the display and most of the controls are on the upper console

sounds like a heat issue and the amplifier chip is on its way out, it can also be a sign of a failing cap(s) a dead short on a speaker can have the same effect

• Like 1

Had the same and problem got worse over time, good time to upgrade to an aftermarket unit with bluetooth etc.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lani100 said:

Had the same and problem got worse over time, good time to upgrade to an aftermarket unit with Bluetooth etc.

I had to do that after the radio in my 2001 Yaris gradually failed.  I was lucky that Halfords had an £80 Sony radio on offer for £50 with free installation, which worked fine for the rest of the time I had the car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links